Remap ideas to use from Preston area

Hayley19854

Reaction score
I'm wanting a remap but u hear all the stories of things going wrong with companies taking your money and it doesn't work...

Wanting somewhere around Preston and what gains have people had from doing it...do u trust people to not go for a rolling road and take what they say

Not interested in changing parts of my car to get extra bhp it's mainly ecu I'm after

I had the same problem down on the south coast so for stage 1 I went with bluefin purely for ease of use they also do a stage 2 you can flash yourself (when I have my bcs system) then when it's stage 2+ time I will take it to amd, to do all the work clutch cam follower suspension fitted fuel pump etc,sadly I can't afford to do it all at once so this way allows me to gather the parts I need for 2+ and still have some extra horses and torque along the way

Off the top of my head from what I've read it makes around 310~320BHP on a stage 1 map. Added benefits include more torque (arguably more desirable than outright BHP) and power lower down the rev range, also smoother delivery.

Reactions: Smirky and Hayley19854
Off the top of my head from what I've read it makes around 310~320BHP on a stage 1 map. Added benefits include more torque (arguably more desirable than outright BHP) and power lower down the rev range, also smoother delivery.
Mmmm I'd say more like 300-310 but I totally agree the torque is where it's at,and it def helps with fuel economy

No worries mine was an educated guess based on what I've read on here
I think it depends on the map/tuner aswell as supporting mods, might get mine on a dyno just to find out :p

Reactions: Sayam
Does 500 sound like it's an ok price for stage 1 revo remap.I'm booked in tomoz and checking

Reactions: Smirky
How much does it change in eating your fuel more ....kinda want it to improve it a little but have best of both worlds

Well mine is a bit better on fuel more torque so less gear changes but to be honest if I was that concerned about fuel I wouldn't have got an s3 I'd have a tdi

Got it when I had a company van a few year ago and using it everyday so reason y I want it to improve

Sorry this is a bit late, but any reason you're not using ADS in Preston as they are a Revo approved dealer? Have considered them myself so would be keen to know!

Reactions: Prees83
You should save a bit of fuel but given you should/ will be filling up with 98 or 99 ron every time, it kind of offsets the cost over 95 ron.
Sometimes.

Don't pay £500 for revo, go to Rick @unicorn in Stockport £300 and a custom map the lad really knows his stuff. He's just done mine stage 2+ and I'm now running 360bhp and 373lb/ft of torque, you won't regret going to Rick seriously.

Reactions: Sayam and Mario8P
Sorry this is a bit late, but any reason you're not using ADS in Preston as they are a Revo approved dealer? Have considered them myself so would be keen to know!
Dave at ADS has done all my remaps , mods. great bloke, knows his stuff! garage is like a surgery its spotless! as long as you dont mind using REVO you wont find a better place in or around preston