S4 alloy centre caps

s4mark

Reaction score
Hi all. My 2003 B6 S4 has just been in for 4 new tyres and those kind fitters have trashed 2 of the centre caps on my wheels trying to get them off. Does anyone know if my 18" avus alloys share their centre caps with the earlier b5 17" models. The caps need to have the black ring around the badge as supposed to the chrome. Any help appreciated as I would have thought they will not be cheap from the stealers but can't find any for the b6 s4 on a certain auction site.

Thanks everyone

No mate they dont.
the 17s have a gap on the edge to remove them.
the 18s have a hole around the centre cap for a removal tool,i use a allen key.

You will sruggle to find some ive seen 3 on ebay.

Cheers mate I see what you mean. It's the black ring with the hole in that they've managed to snap off from around the badge. Of course they are denying all knowledge though. Looks like i will have to go to the dealers

Will you let me know how much.
Mine came with no rings they fell off.so i filled them,wrapped them and ive ordered a new set of cap to pinch the rings.will just glue them on.
used some UHU glue.
You could pull them apart and repair?

No problems I will call the supplier we use tomorrow and get a price and let you know. Don't think any other model has the black ring with the hole in it, all the others I have found have a chrome surround etc

I have re glued one on the front that they just left flapping but one is completely missing now. They reckon it just fell off between the garage and my house. Always seemed secure before they got their mitts on them!

Oh gutted its gone.deffo a new one.ill keep an eye out tried gumtree?

Oh gutted its gone.deffo a new one.ill keep an eye out tried gumtree?
Not tried gumtree yet but gotta be worth a look. didn't think they would be this hard to find

post a pic of 1 plz i may have 1 spare

Having trouble posting pic but Ro55 has kindly done it for me above. Thanks

1 i have is different sorry

Surely if the garage has trashed the caps make them get you some more as they have damaged them

Surely if the garage has trashed the caps make them get you some more as they have damaged them
they're not interested and basically said prove they were not already missing. They know I can't really prove it so can't be bothered with the hassle of it just won't be using or recommending them to anyone in the future

I know the caps don't cost that much but it's not the point is it car should be returned to you as you left it ..

I know the caps don't cost that much but it's not the point is it car should be returned to you as you left it ..
I know mate I work in a bodyshop and if I break something on someone's car whilst stripping it etc I will just order a new one and just deal with it but I just knew they would deny all wrongdoing. Thing is a £20 cap has just cost them a few customers and future business so I can't really see why they didn't just admit it and get one!
Still new one now fitted and all looking tidy again so I'm not quite so bothered now and thought they would be about double the price knowing what Audi are like so was very surprised.

Really £20! wish id have bought some now.i thought being how rare 2nd hand they are to buy they'd be silly money.
Cheers

No probs mate I too thought they would be silly money. £20 was trade price but even retail was only £26 including vat. I had people trying to flog me second hand ones for £35 plus!

Yeah and me,i tried a guy on ebay,it was mint condition £25 or make an offer i offered him,£20 and he said there loads to buy new,good job i never listened.

Standard ebay overpricing.

I had mine off last week to clean the wheels so here is the part number should someone come across this thread looking for it.