Concert Stereo Volume

alpesh26

Reaction score
In my old B7 with Concert stereo, there was an option to set the maximum on volume so it didn't scare the sh*t out of you when you turned the car on. Is there anything like this on the B8? I have the B&O speaker system if that makes any difference

I get that function within the settings, also the B8 B&O willr eturn to a lower limit even if you mute the system which anoys me, I'd like it to return to the volume I had it set at when I muted it.

I get that function within the settings, also the B8 B&O willr eturn to a lower limit even if you mute the system which anoys me, I'd like it to return to the volume I had it set at when I muted it.

+1, I find that slightly annoying.
Maybe it's returning to the set switch on level after a mute......which is a bit of a software induced catch 22 !

I looked into this a bit more, and the default on volume can be changed in VCDS. (I pinched the below from another forum).

Here's the coding

Maximum Activation Volume of the Radio

[56 - Radio] > [Adaptation - 10] > Channel – 04 Adjust Value (Range 16-100%)

Default – 46%

I changed it to 20, but it was still bit loud. I will set it to the minimum 16% and probably leave it there. I'd rather turn the stereo up than turn it down having crapped myself after starting the car!! Unfortunately, you can't have the stereo mute on startup/ignition.