A6 oil pressure fault

Bigtobs

Reaction score
A6 avant 2.0tdi 57 plate.

Had it about two months now and not a problem.!
Driving down the motorway today just cruising coming upto my turn off and all hell broke lose car starts beeping at me and saying check oil pressure. So pulled over checked the oil level looked ok and gave the car sometime to cool down.! Tried driving it again and it went into limp mode.
So now it's sat outside a local garage waiting for the dealer that I bought it from to pick it up Monday . Luckily it's still under warranty so I'm hoping they get it sorted.
Just after any info as to what it could possibly be, have heard it could be the balancing shaft or just a sensor does that sound right..??

Cheers
Mark

Cheers b5nut yes this is what I have been told it will be just praying it hasn't fried the turbo or done any engine damage..!
I just hope the garage I got it from honour the 3 month warranty as he said when I bought it any problems what so ever bring it back and we will sort it. They replaced the timing belt and water pump when I bought it so think they will be good with me.!!

Haha, does that mean you think they will sort it..!!

To be fair they said they are picking it up Monday on a truck.

Spoke to the garage today and I'm awaiting the new oil pump to be fitted.
They have said that it was only the oil pump that was damaged and that the turbo and the engine where ok.!!
Find this hard to believe and can't see them admitting anymore damage has been done than they have to.
It will be going into an Audi indi as soon as I get it bac. And probably get it put on a rolling road to check engine function what do you guys think..??

Mark

Twin balancer shaft unit ?

Oem or remanufactured replacement ?

Not a bad idea to check on RR for full beans.

Not to sure which replacement it is I live nowhere near the garage, I spoke on the phone and he said he had picked the pump up and took it to the garage so sounds like a new pump.
Will be asking for receipts to prove work done and for my records as well.!
I surpose if the turbo is stuffed I will be able to tell straight away.
This forum and its members are very helpful indeed

A whole new pump assembly is £1200 and has a design fault , so not an ideal fix.

ObtenerImagenProducto.ashx

I'm just hoping it last me 3-4 years doing an average of 10000 miles a year..!!
Is that the gear driven pump rather than the chain one. Can't see them paying that for a pump for mine.

It will last that long.

Find out more , 57 plate will be gear driven.

Usual good fix is a 100 mm hex key and remanufactured balancer shaft , about £225 on an exchange basis.

Yes I have seen these from KMB parts in Sheffield. But was told by some I have a chain drive and seen some where else I would have a gear driven one..!
Just learning my way around the audi at the min still. Just hope this is only major problem I will have the car has only done 63k. Cheers for he help as well much appreciated fella.

Not impossible for yours to be chain , but chain is double trouble as the plastic tensioner breaks , this whips the sprocket and the teeth wear down putting lovely pieces of metal in your oil , eventually it ends up with no teeth and no oil pump drive .

Little update the oil pump has been changed and as suspected the turbo was frigged as well this is now being replaced and I'm awaiting an update and hopefully get it back tomorrow if there is no more damage..!!
If the oil hasn't been changed I think I will get this done as soon as I get it back, as well as getting the audi indi to check it over for me.

You have to remove the sump to get at the pump, so cannot believe they would save the old oil.

Cheers b5nut your a legend mate.

Didn't realise the sump had to come off to replace the pump.
Once again this forum has been a massive help.

Got the car back today gave it a good run down the M6 and it feels fine and sounds good which is the main thing. New oil pump and reconditioned turbo feels quicker than before, but maybe that's just in my head..!!
Fingers crossed this is the last thing I will have go wrong with it.

How many people have had this same issue with the oil pump going.??