Coilover fitting new drop links/ top mounts?

Cmw9

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have just ordered some ap coilovers for my a3 quattro (exact same set up as 3.2 and s3) amd was wondering if ill need new shorter droplinks and top mounts? The car is 2011 and done 23k so the top mounts should be ok if i can get them off right?

if its anything like my S3, shortened drop links werent needed, in fact the opposite haha. may be different for others. in regards to top mounts, i did change mine for ease of installing, meaning i didn't need to remove the old ones, and oem ones really arent that expensive, however at that milage if you want to reuse them i couldnt see any problem personally

Yeah the main problem is getting them apart i think. Cheers for the help

100%! Mine had an altercation with an angle grinder to get them off! If you're planning on reusing them make sure you have the correct spline bit to undo them otherwise yours may go the same way

If in doubt angle grind it the fuk out lol may just buy new mounts to save hastle

They look about right, I got mine from euro car parts for the same price, and yeah I would if I were you, so much easier than taking the old ones apart