RED Oil warning light?!

craigbeal

Reaction score
for the past few days when the car is started cold and 2 min driving the red oil warning light comes on for 2 seconds, beeps a little and then goes away whilst the car is warm and started warm etc. I'm guessing it's down to oil pressure as the oil level is fine. It's a 2009 2.0 TfSI and heard they can suffer from blocked oil pickups in the sump. The mileage is 129,000 but has full Audi service history but think is on the long life changes for oil. Would this be a good place to start replacing this part and go from there? All I can think is its struggling when the car is cold to draw the oil if its blocked partly and then fine once the oil is warmer? Any ideas or input?

Im a little confused as to what this means :/ Im guessing you mean take it in and get it looked at?

The red oil light means there is a major problem to be looked at. Get it looked at ASAP. Get it scanned wiTh vcds. The thread above is known issues with you car and oil consumption etc etc

One of the unbendable rules of car ownership: if the red oil light comes on, stop driving it immediately..

Reactions: RS5 JON and Gazwould
If it come on, beeps 3 times and then goes does that mean oil pressure has come back or just to sto the car. I will get it to a garage Tuesday and won't drive it again but need the part number for the oil pickup pipe to order...