Had somebody try this yesterday

Blimey I've not seen the video of them showing how it's done. It's an insanely quick process!

Sorry to hear yours was done :(

At least you still have the car, I have had a tracker put on mine
Indeed mate,I was very lucky.

2nd attempt,so it seems they are after it.
My blackvue got them,all 3 of them in balaclavas :(

Blimey I've not seen the video of them showing how it's done. It's an insanely quick process!

Sorry to hear yours was done :(

Scary to think how easy it is for us all to get done.

OBD port shall be moved I thinkl

Twokers, nothing a bullet wouldn't fix.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Chop., Macster and 3 others
A kill switch somewhere would be a good idea.

Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
If its any use the door frame and glass repair on my B7 was £345, and they wasn't a cheap back street repairer. As I have £200 excess it was cheaper to pay it myself than go through the insurance with the premium increase for the next 200 years.

Reactions: xpoweruk
I bought a disclok for my S4 before taking it "down South" - it did end up marking the leather a bit, so I bought a "sock" to try to stop that, weighs a ton but some things you feel the need to do! On the subject of insurances, I have protected bonus, but I've now discovered that even for "no blame" work, ie just informing your insurance company, they see you as an increased risk so whack up the premium!

I got a steering wheel lock today.
Fortunately the car was booked in for the clutch/flywheel today so is locked up tonight

What tracker did you go for if ya don't mind me asking ?
Trackstar, iirc it's a 150 fitting fee and 140 a year.
They will liaise with the police to find the car once reported stolen

Reactions: Archies and xpoweruk
This at your house or work ?

I'm raging for you mate, hate scum like this

I'd be sitting out with a couple of the boyz and some tools and hope they come back !!

Reactions: Macster
This at your house or work ?

I'm raging for you mate, hate scum like this

I'd be sitting out with a couple of the boyz and some tools and hope they come back !!

At my current residence sadly.

In the middle of sorting out a move so I have a drive etc but it's taking a bit longer than expected :(

**** pal that's bad, hope you get your move sorted soon and the motor gets fixed ok

And If you need me and the boyz just DM me ;-)

Reactions: Macster and xpoweruk
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-clamps-best-way-beat-modern-thieves.html

Luckily they were disturbed before the Audi was taken.

reason I knew that is what they tried is they unplugged my S3 cars gauge to use the OBD socket.

Now in need of a new drivers window ***
****** hell mate! :(

Feel your pain

On the subject of trackers, they won't actually stop the ***** stealing your car

Having had first hand experience with stolen cars, in my now retired from occupation, if the ***** steal my car I DO NOT under any circumstances want it back! The way the ***** rag a stolen car is quite unbelievable

I have seen, on recovered stolen cars, syringe needles pushed into the seats!!!

Me? I've got a Disclok & GAP insurance. If they steal my S4 I only hope it either disappears in a container out of the Country or is burnt out

Harsh? Yes, bit I wouldn't want it back!

Terrifying how quick they can take our cars

Booked in for a clifford alarm/immobilizer fitting for peace of mind.
It's a 2 way alarm that sends a signal to your remote should it be activated.
The signal can go 2000ft to tell the fob what activation it was

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Chop.
A remotely activated can of cyanide would be a nice treat for these scum :rage:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Chop. and xpoweruk
Booked in for a clifford alarm/immobilizer fitting for peace of mind.
It's a 2 way alarm that sends a signal to your remote should it be activated.
The signal can go 2000ft to tell the fob what activation it was
@xpoweruk - Great choice buddy. Better than a tracker IMHO

When I had my Astra GTE 16V in the early 90's, I had a top of the range Clifford fitted to that. I had no probs with it & got my money back on it in increased value of the car when I sold it

:sign hijacked:

Sorry but just had to say, Astra GTE my weapon of choice in my early years had 4 or 5 of them, loved them all

:sign hijacked:

Sorry but just had to say, Astra GTE my weapon of choice in my early years had 4 or 5 of them, loved them all
@Chop. - Mine was an all white Astra GTE 16v. Exactly like this one, even H reg. too lol

tn4-L.jpg

Apologies to @xpoweruk for 'jacking your thread buddy :)

Just make sure you always remove it before driving off, I flattened one when I forgot once, couldn't see it through the rear window. Fortunately was only in a 106 at the time, no damage done to the car although the bollard had to be binned. lesson learnt! Only bought it after somebody stole my Calibra by breaking into the house and stealing the keys - fat lot of good two immobilisers do when they nick the keys.

Reactions: StuBill
Just make sure you always remove it before driving off, I flattened one when I forgot once, couldn't see it through the rear window. Fortunately was only in a 106 at the time, no damage done to the car although the bollard had to be binned. lesson learnt! Only bought it after somebody stole my Calibra by breaking into the house and stealing the keys - fat lot of good two immobilisers do when they nick the keys.

No way the one i got is going to budge even with 330hp behind it. It's a study bit of kit, and I also used rebar in the base concrete.
Fortunately, I have to walk past the rear of my car to get in it, and then there is the parking sensors.......
Never say never though, lol :)

Yeah, I would have preferred a telescopic one to be fair, but it does turn into quite a excavation project to fit it. I did 'upgrade' the padlock on mine to hefty mutha though.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Archies