still slight missfire on idle!!

liam-quattro

Reaction score
A3 quattro ajq, as in title still have a slight missfire on idle. Ive put a new genuine bosch maf on it as i had a fault code on vcds signal to low. Had smoke test and replaced some pcv hoses with silicone ones. Put new ngk platinum plugs in and reconnected a intercooler pipe that had somehow poped out of a clip and was just resting in the pipe it was meant to be connected to. Now on idle its like a intermittent miss but its a hell of a lot better than it was.

Sorry for the essay!! Is there anything else to look for?

Thanks

Have you checked the coil packs and the wiring loom for it??

No, nothing on vcds. After a quick look at coil loom i have found a little split in the casing on a brown wire!! That is near the connector to the coil pack, so need to check the lot over weekend.

If you do a search there is a fair bit of info on the coil pack wiring loom and about getting a replacement one that needs to be modded to fit, hope you get the issues sorted.

U gap plugs to right specs, replace fuel filter, check EGT sensors u can pop covers off and look very very closely with a magnifying glass at the leads make sure they have a good contact. And i know u said u did a smoke test but double check throttle body boot, mine had a very very small paper thin tear in it and was causing a rough idle, just little stuff that doesn't cost too much if your not getting any codes.