MPG advice please, 2.0 bkd

bagger_12

Reaction score
Hi everyone havnt posted here for a while, looking for some advice on my bkd'd a3, basically my on board mpg averages 45-50mpg, but when I work it out manually I'm actually getting about 30-35mpg which is absolutely shocking, I picked up on this when I realised I only got 60miles out of £10, so either my local fuel station is cutting short on there fuel or there's a serious issue with my car, torsion value what out due to Cambelt stretch, I have set this up to 0.00. Temp sensor reads fine in actual values ect, what could be causing this? Thanks

That is odd. Mine is showing worse figures than those which I actually do when I calculate (I drive it until it starts warning me, then fill up until full).

I would say it needs a good service, change all the filters etc... if its not been done recently. Also tyre pressures make a huge difference, have you checked those?

I'm on my 2nd A3 with this engine, first was an S-Tronic gearbox and i averaged 38-42mpg, current car is a manual and i get between 50 - 60 mpg easily

Did you calculate this by driving till empty or fuel light came on? Was the tank completely empty when you filled a tenner? I.e. into the reserve...

Much better way to truly check this would be to fill to brim, that way you know exactly whats in the tank and working out once range shows nil.