Wheels going black ! matt or gloss ?

Chop.

Reaction score
So its getting close to the time to get my wheels done but the big question is do i go matt or gloss black, i was just going for matt from the start but now i'm not sure

whats anyone think ? car will be totally blacked out when i'm done tinkering

Never been a fan of the matt effect on cars,
Id vote gloss

Yeah gloss here too. Matt might look dirty where as gloss won't as much.

So I'm giving this plenty thought and I'm now thinking anthracite might look nice on the black too

The thing I'm not sure on with the black is when the wheel is darker then the tyre it doesn't look right against the black car

I think either anth or gloss, I love the black on my mrs 1 series but it's white and some pics I see of black motors it looks great but others not so much

Easy.

Gloss makes the tyre look poo poo .

Matt is just poo.

SATIN BLACK .

Reactions: Chop.
Gloss black IMO

Defo go Gloss pal, I just put Gloss Gunmetal on... looks the nuts IMO

2prh5ih.jpg

black_out_s4_on_hre_flow_forms-1.jpg

Actually maybe Anthracite :)

Reactions: Chop. and Blackwhite
If the picture of just 4 wheels is Anthracite they would look cool against black. I recon you can lose balance doing absolutely everything in only one colour. Those particular wheels are a really good looking set, wouldn't mind them myself. They'd look hot against Daytona.

yeh there nice eh, not my actual wheels but same style, think im gona try get booked in for next wk and go for a gloss anthracite

I think Anthracite is a good choice. Ive seen cars that are all "blacked out" and I think they look terrible. No contrast whatsoever. Especially with wheels, they just look like big black circles, you dont see where the rim ends and the tyre begins! Least with Anthracite there will be a bit of contrast there.

Look into some Akebonos as well so they stay clean. They make looking after your wheels a breeze. Euro Premiums.

Chop, that set of four. Are they reps? Or OEMs that have been sprayed? Have had a look for these and can only find them as an aluminium finish. Classic rim.

@chucky1 sorry buddy i couldnt tell you i just googled anthracite wheels on the net to get a look at the colour

Chop. I like that particular classic rim, in that particular slightly lighter tone. Those wheels remind me a bit of a BMW wheel design thats my all time favourite. The 313 performance rim. If my memory is correct it only had 4 sets of spokes. Maybe 5. Really simple but elegant looking wheel. Think they were prone to cracking though. Bit too fine.

Got a bee in my bonnet about these. Think I've tracked em down. They're an RS4 Titan Grey Edition wheel. Sweet as.

Yep those are the ones. That said, I prefer the colour/tone of the Titan wheel. Mmmmm they appear occasionally here. After a net search.