Anyone interested in some custom laser work bling?

£20 posted for a plain one, £25+ for one with laser engraving (depending how complicated it is)

Also includes the 4 fitting bolts.

Nothing as of yet as they're still at the laser cutters. There's a picture of a similar one in this thread though on page 2, but mine will be brushed stainless in finish.

coilpack covers done, first prototype of the heat shield done. Not much to change except the location of some of the bolt holes to give a perfect, not fettle required fit. These designs should also allow the use of none OE manifolds due to the close fitting of the shield. This design also covers the whole of the chargepipe/hose, yet still allows airflow to get to the manifold to help with cooling.

So, who's interested if I put these into manufacture and do a group buy?

Last edited:
Reactions: IPG, jojo and S3 Hilife
Where are you? I'm in Chesterfield, but travel to Newcastle too.

I'm in Newcastle and have the V4 fitted on mine and il be after both

I'm not back there until the 7th, so ideally want someone closer to Chesterfield or Sheffield, if not, they'll have to wait a few weeks as I'd rather get it fitting right!

Reactions: scotty_24
Once Paul has sorted the final products there will be a group buy setup... that will be the place to put your names down rather than here....

<tuffty/>

Reactions: jojo
Update: I've done my second prototype and there is still a little work to do with certain angles to make sure it doesn't foul on the baffled part of the charge pipe causing an annoying vibration.

Will hopefully have the 3rd plate tomorrow.

Reactions: S3AMJ, scotty_24 and jojo
Done at last!

I've test fitted this piece on a couple of other cars and it turns out they're all ever so slightly out, so some 'persuasion' may be needed to fit. I'm not talking tools, just a firm push with your palm. All the holes line up on my car, but I've since found the plate that attaches on the back of the block can move fore-aft slightly, upsetting alignment. I've also set the plate as close as I can to the charge pipe without touching it to give the best chance of a none OE manifold to fit behind.

Let me know your thoughts.

Reactions: jojo and Sandra
Looking good Paul, I preferred the previous prototype, primarily because it has better coverage of the charge pipe.

Ash

Done at last!

I've test fitted this piece on a couple of other cars and it turns out they're all ever so slightly out, so some 'persuasion' may be needed to fit. I'm not talking tools, just a firm push with your palm. All the holes line up on my car, but I've since found the plate that attaches on the back of the block can move fore-aft slightly, upsetting alignment. I've also set the plate as close as I can to the charge pipe without touching it to give the best chance of a none OE manifold to fit behind.

Let me know your thoughts.
Looking good Paul

Looking good Paul, I preferred the previous prototype, primarily because it has better coverage of the charge pipe.

Ash

I had to cut it back as it fouls on the support for the charge pipe. Even with the new design, you have to make sure the clamp is in plate before tightening everything down. This is one of those simple things that was actually really annoying to make!

@CBauto Solutions
Paul if you ready to move on this can you create a new group buy thread with details/ costs and members can list their names/requirements. Thanks:) x

If possible when the group buy thread comes up can u post a quick link in here to that thread as i dont wanna miss out :) that would be amazing

I have moved the above thread to the group buy section... I will put a redirect thread in the stickies for the time being... please express interest in the thread linked above and not this one please...

<tuffty/>

I have moved the above thread to the group buy section... I will put a redirect thread in the stickies for the time being... please express interest in the thread linked above and not this one please...

<tuffty/>

Cool, I thought I posted it there in the first place

UPDATE:

Delivery of these was attempted last Friday, but I wasn't in to receive them. Hopefully they'll try and deliver them again today and I can get them out ASAP.

Reactions: scotty_24
Can you update the group buy thread too please dude?

Ta

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Sandra
Classic delivery company... come the one hour you're out and leave that annoying little card......

Reactions: Lavis89
At last, they've arrived and I've already sent them back out so you should all be getting yours soon. Let me know how you all get on.

Paul

Not sure if people would like this one too, but I found a polished one nestled in with the order as they had some spare sheet at the cutters.

I've found polished ones are harder to keep clean and scratch free, but it's an option if anyone is interested.

Thanks, Paul

d42ae6b6afbab1c6ac83bfc62ac8f677.jpg