Gearbox and dif oil questions?

Sam reid

Reaction score
I'm looking to do a gearbox and rear dif fluid change and was looking for some advice.

(Car is a 2.0tfsi Special Ed. 6 speed manual quattro)

Did some searching and found an old thread on another forum. Some of the Americans raving on about using :

Motul 300 75w90 (GL4) 3.5 ltr for the gearbox

Liqui moly 75w90 (GL5) 1.5 ltr for the rear dif

Anyone have any other choices or used these before? Or best to just stick with OEM?

Cheers in advance

OEM is the most expensive, You may try another cheaper alternative there are a few but I don't think you will get any better results than the OE oil. I changed mine a few months ago and after looking into the alternatives went the OE route. It's not something you do very often so if it costs a bit more then personally I think it's worth it. I know the oil change certainly helped in my gearbox as I was having problems with 2-3 when changing quickly.
The other weekend it worked fine at GTI International on the sprint, In a diesel you have to be changing fairly quick, probably get 2 gearchanges in the first 3-4 seconds.
Another commonly used oil in the transmission is http://www.fuchslubricants.com/titan-sintofluid-sae-75w-80

Karl

OEM is the most expensive, You may try another cheaper alternative there are a few but I don't think you will get any better results than the OE oil. I changed mine a few months ago and after looking into the alternatives went the OE route. It's not something you do very often so if it costs a bit more then personally I think it's worth it. I know the oil change certainly helped in my gearbox as I was having problems with 2-3 when changing quickly.
The other weekend it worked fine at GTI International on the sprint, In a diesel you have to be changing fairly quick, probably get 2 gearchanges in the first 3-4 seconds.
Another commonly used oil in the transmission is http://www.fuchslubricants.com/titan-sintofluid-sae-75w-80

Karl

Yeah I did think that I may aswell stay with OE stuff, just wanted to see what other peoples opinions on it was. Like you said it's not a job that gets done very often, so I may aswell do it properly ☺ cheers