Audi A3 engine light and rough idle

Rossg93

Reaction score
I'm new to this so not sure how it works. I have a 1.9 TDI Audi A3 2009 and recentley the engine management light has came on and seems to have a rough idle? Scanned with snap on and three codes have come up. Please see attached photo. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, like I said I'm new to this, and yeah gonna get them changed asap. Just wondering if this could be the problem for the rough idle or if anyone could suggest anything else. Thanks

Clear those codes and then drive it and rescan

If mileage is anywhere near 100,000 change all four glow plugs

Exhaust pressure sensor could be causing rough idle

Yeah I tried that first and the engine management light didn't come back on but when I scanned it again the exhaust pressure sensor code was there, I've ordered 4 new glow plugs and exhaust pressure sensor from Audi along with bits for a full service. Just wondered if anyone knew of anything else/ had a bit advice.

Order the egr gasket, the seals between the anti shudder valve, the egr valve etc

Remove it all and clean it, you will be shocked how much crap has built up in there, scrape it out of the inlet manifold too as best you can

That procedure made my car noticeably smoother at idle

Failing that could be injectors?

I'll give it a try. I'll replace the sensor and plugs and give it a service first.

Has anyone heard anything about terraclean? My mate says it's good and it says it cleans all the dirt out?

Mine's the 2.0 TDI model (8P), but rough idle is a pretty common issue through several models. As above, I'd clean the EGR assembly, inlet manifold (several good threads here - 'search' should help), then think about the injector wiring loom. That's where I'm at, anyway.

I've changed all 4 glow plugs and exhaust pressure sensor and cleared the codes and drove it for about a week now and nothing else has came up on computer or any lights on the dash so that problem is sorted. However I still have the lumpy idle when I have looked further with the diagnostics this is what has came up, anyone know what it means/ if this could be the cause? Thanks