New car - New member

mcfc1987

Reaction score
Afternoon all, was having a google the other night and came across this site, noticed Bristlehounds username and recognized it from detailing world, pick my new car up Tuesday.
Black edition nav - It has the new 190ps tdi unit in - Daytona grey - Alcantara seats instead of leather, electric memeory seats and mirrors (convenience pack) - LED interior - S line sports suspension (I nderstand its going to be a bone shaker but the extra drop and looks appealed to me) and finally badge deletion.
To say I cant wait is an understatement, my car arrived on UK soil on the 15th so ive been waiting like a kid at Christmas, I wont see the car until what my dealer describes as the "big reveal" so for now I only have the CG image from my configuration

I have the Thursday off work to fully strip the cars paintwork of any existing wax/polish, decontaminate, check for any imperfections, correct them and then apply a 3 stage sealant process to fully protect my new baby.

hello all, hopefully I can contribute in someway to the forum in the future

Reactions: gray99y, jdp1962, RS5 JON and 1 other person
Welcome! :) What's the detailing plan? Feel free to start a thread to tell us all about it...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/detailing.116/
awesome, didn't know there was a detailing section, plan is full wash and decontaminate, trying out a load of the gyeon brand stuff. Then trying a sealant for the first time and going for the carlack acrylic kit, I'll put a thread up when I get it done

:sign welcome: Go team "Fifty Shades of Grey"
JG
all about the stealth!

Welcome buddy. Hope you like the car.
I know I'll like it, been in talks with Revo about maybe being the development car for the new 190ps engine but just worrying about voiding the warranty straight away

Reactions: RS5 JON and scotty76
Afternoon all, was having a google the other night and came across this site, noticed Bristlehounds username and recognized it from detailing world, pick my new car up Tuesday.
@mcfc1987 - I do get around a bit! Lol

Black edition nav - It has the new 190ps tdi unit in - Daytona grey - Alcantara seats instead of leather, electric memeory seats and mirrors (convenience pack) - LED interior - S line sports suspension (I nderstand its going to be a bone shaker but the extra drop and looks appealed to me) and finally badge deletion.
To say I cant wait is an understatement, my car arrived on UK soil on the 15th so ive been waiting like a kid at Christmas, I wont see the car until what my dealer describes as the "big reveal" so for now I only have the CG image from my configuration

I have the Thursday off work to fully strip the cars paintwork of any existing wax/polish, decontaminate, check for any imperfections, correct them and then apply a 3 stage sealant process to fully protect my new baby.

hello all, hopefully I can contribute in someway to the forum in the future
Hi & :welcome!: to Audi-sport.net!

Sounds a very nice S4 you've spec'ed there

Don't forget, it's the Forum rules, we need plenty of pics on pick up day ;)

trying out a load of the gyeon brand stuff. Then trying a sealant for the first time and going for the carlack acrylic kit, I'll put a thread up when I get it done

Going to keep an eye on this I'm thinking of trying the gyeon stuff, particularly the coating however still got pretty much a full bottle of C1 & Exo.

Great choice mcfc. I don't know about it being a bone shaker though. I'd look at it as being a bit more precise rather than floating. Did you get 19 or 18" 5V wheels. I recon these look sweet against the Daytona.

Going to keep an eye on this I'm thinking of trying the gyeon stuff, particularly the coating however still got pretty much a full bottle of C1 & Exo.

The only thing putting my off the coatings is the cure time, some need 24hr+ in warm dry conditions or less time under 60degree infrared lights, all a bit to high tech for me and my driveway cleaning

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. Look forward to pics of the car. Sounds like you have some great plans already for the car, don't worry though, if you run out of ideas I'm sure we will all help you out with some more. Enjoy the forum :) x

The only thing putting my off the coatings is the cure time, some need 24hr+ in warm dry conditions or less time under 60degree infrared lights, all a bit to high tech for me and my driveway cleaning

Yeah coatings are a bit of a faff if you don't have a garage to do it in.