Number Plate Covers

chucky1

Reaction score
It's pretty much just a cosmetic thing but something I've noticed is that you guys don't seem to use these. Is it against the rules? Our dealers have them made with there names etc on them. I am still to swap out the one on my Avant with a new one that is not an advertisement. Heaps neater.They are not expensive and I think it finishes things off correctly around the plate. Also stops muck building up behind it and bugs/tar getting on them. Perspex is easy cleaned.
IMG 0445
IMG 0485

Last edited:
Reactions: Chop.
not something we've got over here, not that i'v seen anyway, dealers over here just have plates made up with there name along the bottom, its usually the first thing i get rid of for a set of plane plates with not markings, not legal either :-0

I'll replace the ones on the S4 with ones like I replaced on the A4 . (You can see the stripe in the perspex.) The dealers put there name on cheap ones they have made for them to advertise their businesses. You can get them from auto parts shops in all different sizes and prices. I thought there would be some kind of rule against it in the UK because I guarantee you guys would have them. It is heaps neater and cleaner. I can't imagine a bare plate on a really nice car. I must say though, by all appearances our plates look a fair bit smaller.

Last edited:
yeh your plates deff look a bit neater complaired to the crap we have here

Chop, you mentioned not legal. From an MOT point of view? These don't interfere with the obligatory cameras we all have. They'd soon be gone here if that happened believe me. They keep the plates visible and clean.

yeh ment the plain plates, from a certain year, cant remember what it is, plates need to have details of who made them printed on them, i think its just a post code or company name or something but iv never had them, and never been stopped, i think you would really need to catch mr police man on a bad day for him to notice, i always just go for the clean look with show plates that way you can have just the reg number and nothing else

Thing is, we do not get much in the way of sun over here, which also means that we don't have super positive attitudes either!

You recon? My wife is really amused at how much I look at this site because I've never really spent much time looking at them for a no. of reasons. This came up last night sitting in the pub. I have found you guys a great bunch. I have looked at American sites. Not my cup of tea so to speak. You have to have a very thick skin. I don't see much enjoyment in that. You can find out heaps but whoa.... Our site is really small. Thats not an issue particularly, but there is not a lot going on due to the numbers. So I consider myself lucky finding this one.

Reactions: Chop.