Lowering help, how low do I need?

Grant769

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to get my a4 to have no arch gap and sit nicely on the top of the tyre, I have 18" bbs ch 9j all round. How low would I need to go on springs? Cheers

Measure the gap, then find some springs that drop the car by that much...

Just take in to account that a sport model is 20mm lower than a standard and therefore the lowering amount shown on springs will be less.

For example if it says the springs will lower your car 50mm, it will only lower your car by 30mm.

Or just buy coilovers and you can choose exactly where you want it.

If you want an even stance without much altering. Put b5 perches on the front shocks as a4's suffer from 'reverse rake'. From there on you can go as low as you want and it will be even front and back!

Alright sweet thanks. Perchers just on the front arnt they?

Yeah just on the front. I fitted them to my car and it helped the high at the front, low at the back look greatly!

Nice cheers I'll do that then I guess about 40/50mm lowering springs would meet the tyres nicely

If you wanna go mega low then air ride it

You can pick up a set of decent coilovers now for not that expensive and then you can adjust the ride highly exactly how you want it. When I've run lowering springs in the past I've always said after I'd like it just that little bit lower lol

Is an alternative to B5 Perches + lowering springs to get the front lowering springs a tad more in MM than the rears? That way you may not need B5 Perches?

For the same effect the fronts would need to be ~12-15mm lower at the front. Or even lower if that's what you'd like!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Ive never lowered a car and am looking forward to doing so. My only issue is im on 20'' with a thin 30 profile so not sure what that would be like.

Thanks for the info. Ive never lowered a car and am looking forward to doing so. My only issue is im on 20'' with a thin 30 profile so not sure what that would be like.
Firm and you'll have a heart attack when you see a speed bump lol!
I fitted the AP lowered complete kit from DPM and I am so glad my Audi doesn't wear any skirts!
WP 20150805 006

Reactions: DrStrange