Advice please ASAP

Dan_anthony

Audi A3
Reaction score
The company I bought the car off is buying a new grille for my Audi as when I bought it the car grille had a crack in it they have sent a pic of a grille but I think it's the wrong one mines a 61 plate here is a pic of it with the original grille not great pic

And his is the grille they sent!!

They might have sent you 8P2 grille whereas the one in the first photo is 8P3.

Tbh mate unless you double check the part no.'s on each grill match it's a difficult one to diagnose via pics. Although it looks right to me..

Tbh mate unless you double check the part no.'s on each grill match it's a difficult one to diagnose via pics. Although it looks right to me..
Thanks for your reply mate they are going to spray it gloss black and for it Thursday once it's on the car I'll be able to tell! It just looked different to me thank you for your help! :)

Just get them to buy you the gloss black version, as it will eventually peel, you can buy gloss ones & the grill pictured is the facelift version you need, so the shape is correct.

Just get them to buy you the gloss black version, as it will eventually peel, you can buy gloss ones & the grill pictured is the facelift version you need, so the shape is correct.

So the shape is correct the one I need?

Appears so.

Reactions: Dan_anthony
Appears so.

I asked them to get one already gloss black but they come up with the one in the picture and said they would spray it gloss black? But with you saying it will peel you have me worried lol

Painting them is never the best, seen allot of grills peel tbh, I would, considering issues thus far, get a gloss version, not paint it.

Painting them is never the best, seen allot of grills peel tbh, I would, considering issues thus far, get a gloss version, not paint it.

I will let them no if not and if it peels they will have to re spray it I'll let them no aswell

I wouldn't want a grill that has been painted.

Insist they get you the right one, I would anyway.

I agree, if yours is gloss then they should get the part number from it

A sprayed will chip straight away and look a mess

This is the second time they will be fitting a grille they fitted one and it wasn't to a good standard now they are going to fit another feel like I'm going in at hem all the time