RS3 8V - Video reviews, clips and more

Sorry just thought it was a cool video particularly for Daytona Grey.

Sorry just thought it was a cool video particularly for Daytona Grey.

No need to apologise, it was directed to the person who made the video. I checked his channel out and he's just got random videos of cars but calls them reviews. Like this one for example.

Archie Hamilton seems to have taken some happy pills and taken his donated RS3 for a run.....

Nice garage combo to be fair though would have gone for the R8 Spider myself - and certainly not in THAT colour...

Nice garage combo to be fair though would have gone for the R8 Spider myself - and certainly not in THAT colour...

I don't think it was originally in that colour, I remember he had an ara blue one so must have wrapped it.

Yeah - it is a wrap. He did it a couple of weeks ago after taking another happy pill!

Yeah, a wrap of course. But over the top. Not sure even an Aventador would pull that one off.

I didn't see anything wrong with the Ara blue. Maybe he got paid to do the wrap, like a sponsorship.

I didn't see anything wrong with the Ara blue. Maybe he got paid to do the wrap, like a sponsorship.
Yeah, that sounds probable. The bigger YouTubers are always doing that sort of promotion.
I showed it to my missus, she loves purple, and even she didn't like it.
When we bought the RS3 a few months ago she spotted a metallic purple Aventador Roadster and loved it... I got a little excited and told her she would look GREAT in it.. Alas, she said it was unpractical... haha.

#stillworkingonher
#ineedalamboinmylife

Yeah, that sounds probable. The bigger YouTubers are always doing that sort of promotion.
I showed it to my missus, she loves purple, and even she didn't like it.
When we bought the RS3 a few months ago she spotted a metallic purple Aventador Roadster and loved it... I got a little excited and told her she would look GREAT in it.. Alas, she said it was unpractical... haha.

#stillworkingonher
#ineedalamboinmylife
Bit like that yiannizi or whatever he is called. He warpped his range rover and another nice car and ruined them with a hideous wrap. Looks tacky and blingy.

Yeah Daytona grey is great. Originally my first choice but it's a bit too popular with someone having a daytona grey S3 saloon on my street so will go for Floret which is quite rare on the RS3.

Nice review, top spec example too!

Reactions: AudiNutta and Tristan2

Nice review, top spec example too!

Yeh his vids are good and i would rather listen to him than most moron motoring journalists that spew the usual audi cliche "doesnt go around corners", lifeless steering", "understeer". When some moron journos spouted that, then you knew for a fact they havent driven one. think that Rs3 cost more than mine, lol. I like the audi sport numberplate

Reactions: AudiNutta and MoKha
“Way better than the RS5”.
Well, it is - for us.
Slightly different target market.

For us, the litheness and lighter weight of the RS3 beats the RS5 for dynamics.

Others wanting comfort would get the RS5.
Still, I have to day, an RS5 Cabriolet would be VERY appealing.

Well, it is - for us.
Slightly different target market.

For us, the litheness and lighter weight of the RS3 beats the RS5 for dynamics.

Others wanting comfort would get the RS5.
Still, I have to day, an RS5 Cabriolet would be VERY appealing.

As long as it was the one with the 8 cylinders under the bonnet ;)

Reactions: infernox and teslaboy
Anyone see this new Top Gear review with bm and merc.....?

Not too bad a word from Top Gears not sure who.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big-reads/speed-week-2017-e63-amg-vs-audi-rs3-vs-bmw-m4-cs

Also in this one, I quote:

'The R8 is second only to Audi’s own RS3 if you wish to feel skilled beyond your station in these conditions, only its additional 200bhp and more rear-biased attitude mean it’s a far greater entertainer.'

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big-reads/speed-week-2017-r8-plus-spyder-vs-lexus-lc500

Reactions: teslaboy
That Mod-It guy also recommends that you turn the traction control off at start up when you do the mode cycling. His reasoning is you get wheel spin when launching the car and turning traction control off makes the car accelerate faster.

Nice vid of FL and original RS4, amazing how close they are in size etc.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Evotion
I still don't get why all the reviewers compare the RS3 to the M2 when there's a TTRS around. I don't like these reviews where you can tell they've only driven the car for a day or two so they don't really talk about how driving the car is like or how it is to live with.

Agreed, I don't like when journalist compare the RS3 to the M2. Like you said the TTRS is more in direct comparison to the M2. Hmmm 4 door vs 2 door coupe. 4wd vs 2wd.

Yeah, but to be fair, the price point is somewhat similar and the buyer is similar as well EXCEPT where they require practicality like me.
If I didn't need to sit 5 adults then I would not have got the RS3. I preferred the M2.

Yeah, but to be fair, the price point is somewhat similar and the buyer is similar as well EXCEPT where they require practicality like me.
If I didn't need to sit 5 adults then I would not have got the RS3. I preferred the M2.

Yeah but if you didn't need to sit 5 adults, why wouldn't you go TTRS instead of RS3? For people like us, we only have the RS3 or A45/CLA45 which compete with each other.

I agree entirely ...... I would have probably bought a 911 or an Aston..... need to scratch the 007 itch!!!!

If I live in a warmer climate and dont have a child I would of considered the M2. RS3 is more practical in every way. Plus the tuning capabilities with the RS3 is phenomenal. I do love the aggressive looks on the M2 though with the manual tranny to boot. The price tag where I live, the M2 is closer to the TTRS. IMO the 5pot motor is hard to pass.

If I live in a warmer climate and dont have a child I would of considered the M2. RS3 is more practical in every way. Plus the tuning capabilities with the RS3 is phenomenal. I do love the aggressive looks on the M2 though with the manual tranny to boot. The price tag where I live, the M2 is closer to the TTRS. IMO the 5pot motor is hard to pass.
Yeah. If I could drop the RS3 engine and exhaust into an M2 I would be one happy man.

I agree entirely ...... I would have probably bought a 911 or an Aston..... need to scratch the 007 itch!!!!
Astons are the missus's fave car. We have the HR Owen Aston garage 5 minutes away and pass it a lot.
I am surprised she didn't want one but when she saw the dark blu GTC - she wanted it there and then. Much more practical, sitting 4 adults, and sounds almost as good. Both marques have crap running costs but I suggest the GTC overall.

yep think ill scratch the itch once i get rid of the RX7

Yeah. If I could drop the RS3 engine and exhaust into an M2 I would be one happy man.

For me if I could drop the PFL RS3 engine and exhaust into the FL RS3 (and maybe swap the Haldex 4WD for the Merc E63s one), I'd be very happy.

Reactions: Evotion