Does Gtechniq paint and alloy protection invalidate paint warranty?

CybrHwk

Reaction score
Picking my S3 up on Monday and looking to get paint and alloy protection added next month. Does adding this type of protection effect the anti-corrosion/paint warranty?

I have found a detailing company that is Gtechniq accredited but thought I'd ask the question anyway

Wouldn't of thought so, should extend it really

No it doesn't. I have this on my car.

Definitely worth having done by the way, still looks good nearly two years later :)

Picking my S3 up on Monday and looking to get paint and alloy protection added next month. Does adding this type of protection effect the anti-corrosion/paint warranty?

I have found a detailing company that is Gtechniq accredited but thought I'd ask the question anyway

nah.... I had mine done a week ago...

I doubt it; it's basically a better version of the Lifeshine and similar that their dealers pedal. My car has had the full Gtechniq package and we also use their products on my family's boat, in both cases with excellent results.

No not at all, it's a glorified wax / nano sealant. That's like a dealer invalidating your warranty because you wax your car. Besides it doesn't last forever in a years time there'll be no trace left of it on your car as it wears off

@CybrHwk - Simple answer to your question - No !

All Gtechniq Uk Accredited Detailers charge the same price as set by Gtechniq themselves

Compare these prices to the 'protection treatments' that the Audi main dealers try and supply you at massively overinflated prices

It's actually a semi permenant coating which does chemically bond to the surface of the paint, that being said it will eventually degrade over a few years, as the others have said just like waxing you're car you just do it maybe every few years instead...

Got a quote for £600 from a local detailer! Bit more expensive than I was expecting