Dealer can't fix air con

Bulldog

Reaction score
I took my avant in for a service & told them my air con wasn't working & asked for it to be re gassed I waited while the service & re gassing was done so never took a courtesy car. Left the dealers on my way back tried the air con & still not working I phoned the dealer as soon as I got home & told them it wasn't fixed they said book it back in a week later & they will look into it !! Wife takes it back gets a courtesy car for the day get called later saying all done & they'd changed a temperature pressure switch my wife picks the car up as I was working away from home when I got back I tried the air con & now it only blows cold out of the drivers side & warm from the passenger side ?? Took it back they said they'd take a look at it got a courtesy car for the day but they couldn't fix it & i'd need need to re book it in & they'd need the car for a week as it could be one of two parts that need replacing & they'll only replace the broken part as its a warranty claim. So got a call saying all done I go to collect it swap the baby seat pram & all other bits back into my car tries the air con & guess what still got warmer air blowing out of passenger side to say I was annoyed is an understatement I'd already asked why it wasn't checked after each visit before giving me the car back & the service guy agreed & said it should of been checked. so they've still got my car & i've now been told it needs a new heater control system. So after 5 attempts my car still isn't fixed & they've still got it & the bill is nearing about £2500 I'm glad the warranty is paying otherwise they wouldn't be getting there A6 back I've got. When I do eventually get my at back should I be looking for some form of compensation from the dealer ?

Sounds like it's been one thing after another. Which dealer did you take it too? We have a dealership review area, please feel free to leave your comments in there. Hope you get it sorted soon. :)

Finally picked the car up on Thursday & it's finally been sorted. I asked to speak to the service manager but was told he was in a meeting & he would call me guess what I'm still waiting.