S3 getting 18.5mpg in dynamic mode

CybrHwk

Reaction score
Driven my new S3 a total of 60 miles and I am getting 18.5mpg average, is this normal?

Driven my new S3 a total of 60 miles and I am getting 18.5mpg average, is this normal?
Depends exactly 'how' you were driving it?
Like a pensioner or Lewis Hamilton ...

Reactions: Blackwhite
Getting up to speed quickly, but not over revving the engine, with a bit of manual changing with the paddles

Sounds like enthusiasm to me. Stick it in comfort or auto, drive 'normally' and see what you get as a comparison.

18 seems right for enthusiastic driving. mine is normally between 20 and 25 on my blast to work, 18-20 when im driving quick (ish). Had it down to 12 when the roads were empty and i was seeing what it could do.

Reactions: RichardT

Certainly not!! You should be getting 12-14mpg without breaking a sweat! And <10mpg if you put your mind to it...

For legal reasons I should probably add that you should always drive safely according to road conditions and obey all speed limits.

Reactions: Dandanfings and jaypers777
The engine is new, my experience of new cars has always shown the MPG to increase over time as the engine runs in etc.

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant
Certainly not!! You should be getting 12-14mpg without breaking a sweat! And <10mpg if you put your mind to it...

For legal reasons I should probably add that you should always drive safely according to road conditions and obey all speed limits.

yes a recent track day, saw some very interesting petrol consumption figures.......if I could be bothered doing the conversion <10mpg, sounds about right.

I got an average of 28mpg on the autobahn at 110-130mph.....
Amazingly economical!