Audi A3 2.0 tdi turbo problems!

Tomfletcherr

Reaction score
Basically ever since i got my car (nearly 2 years ago) i've had trouble with my turbo. It goes into limp mode when i hit 80mph or accelerate too aggressively. I've taken it to audi and they said the turbo was overboosting, my mate who is a mechanic has also said it could be the vacuum pipes going to the turbo but i have no idea what that is. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know what this could be?
Thanks

Sticky turbo vanes gets my vote, guides on you tube to strip clean refit

Basically ever since i got my car (nearly 2 years ago) i've had trouble with my turbo. It goes into limp mode when i hit 80mph or accelerate too aggressively. I've taken it to audi and they said the turbo was overboosting, my mate who is a mechanic has also said it could be the vacuum pipes going to the turbo but i have no idea what that is. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know what this could be?
Thanks
Well if you went 80mph you broke the law

Reactions: N417H4N and Lindoh
FACT! What would happen if he killed your child ?!
And what if he hit someone doing 70MPH? Same outcome. You're off topic.

OP sounds like your turbo is knackered. Get it cleaned/refurbished/replaced.

Reactions: Rhyso and DriverN00B
FACT! What would happen if he killed your child ?!
theres loads of ifs and buts. But the exact comment always damages a thread and then spirals out of control. Sure we old enough to keep comments like that to our self and only post if you actually have a comment relating to the problem etc the OP has.

Right, your turbo might not be completely goosed, many people who have had this fault haven't needed to just go buy a new turbo, it's going into limp mode at 3000rpm yes?

get it stripped and cleaned properly and refitted, should cost about £150 if it's being cleaned properly with removal

if you're still getting issues, then it might well be on its way out