Is it just me or do Audi's make you OCD?

Tangooneone

Reaction score
It was time to put my private plate on the S3 and I hate removing the double tape with a passion! So when refitting I've decided to go for heavy duty Velcro. Even though you don't see it I had to make sure it looked straight & symmetrical! I even put a bit in the middle to stop vibration rattle... What has my life come to? Ha Ha
c6c89ddf39fc7e1e3e45cfc9a7309f08.jpg
ec1d65971d6eee1b5f58afbe3b4dbfb6.jpg
0af446a8f029babefe993fdc54eeee7c.jpg

Reactions: Martinbanshee, daydotz, Sandra and 1 other person
Did you use a spirit level....lol its not OCD, Its you/us just taking pride in the things we value.

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Pulp84 and Sandra
lol it's a good point tbh! Every time I've seen an S3 on the road it always looks clean...or at the worst 'just needs' to be cleaned. I've not seen one that looks like it hasn't been washed for months! On that basis an S3 is a good used buy as you know that 'most' of them will have been looked after :)

I hate it when you want to clean your car and you stare at the sky thinking "Hmm is it going to rain?", then get a bit down when the answer is yes and you can't clean it!!! :D

It was time to put my private plate on the S3 and I hate removing the double tape with a passion! So when refitting I've decided to go for heavy duty Velcro. Even though you don't see it I had to make sure it looked straight & symmetrical! I even put a bit in the middle to stop vibration rattle... What has my life come to? Ha Ha

My dealer always uses double sided tape and, as I never take the plates off, it's not a problem. When I trade in my existing car I take it to them with my personal plate still on and they remove it and put on the replacement number I have been given by the DVLA. My new car it there waiting for me already with my personal plate already on. The only time when that has been a problem is when they forgot to make my personal plate up as an EU plate, but even then they changed it, not me.

Never thought of doing this need to do it to mine when I get my private plate transferred, Thanks for the idea :tongueclosed:

Great idea, might do that myself if I get a personalised registration. I've seen some shockingly placed number plates on new cars recently, it's as if they just slap them on not even trying to get them straight/centred.

Lovely colour of car, very unusual!

Great idea, might do that myself if I get a personalised registration. I've seen some shockingly placed number plates on new cars recently, it's as if they just slap them on not even trying to get them straight/centred.

Lovely colour of car, very unusual!

I take my plate off when I clean the car so the Velcro makes life much easier!

Thanks, it's Java Green (Grün)

Last edited: