A3 questions

chaz1702

Reaction score
Hi all,

new here and just got an 05 audi a3 2.0 litre tdi with auto transmission a few questions
its at 70000 miles and I cant find any record of the gearbox being serviced is it worth me doing it or a garage? is there a dipstick for the transmission?
adaptive lighting defect is coming up on the dash - where should I start looking on this issue?
and I would not describe it as on the button when cold but it is pretty good where as when hot it takes more turning over before it will start, anyone know what the cause of this could be? and when it is turning over It sounds like a belt is slipping but I don't think the alternator belt is and it sounds to me like it is coming more from the passenger / n/s of the engine than driver anybody got any ideas as to what that could be?

I look forward to a reply

Thanks
Charlie

No dipstick for transmission, only way to check how low level would be to drain and measure, should be changed every 40k.

So just put in as much as you get out? Is there a common fault on the starting?

Nah mate, there's a few vids on the tube on how dsg oils are drained and replaced. There's a built in dipstick which makes sure you don't overfill it. It drops overtime I think, so putting same amount in isn't a great idea unless it is at right level.
Type "hot start issues tdi" on Google. I drive a petrol so not to sure about the issue, but have heard about it ...

Ok thanks so you know about the adaptive headlights?