Tyres ..

JamieGrant10

Reaction score
Had my car in with Audi recently to get the notorious clutch judder investigated after 2 months of owning the car. Audi replaced clutch and flywheel which seem to do the trick said it was a thrust washer that failed. Anyway they advised me that I need tyres in the near future, 4 tyres as the car is a Quattro and difference and tyre tread can't be more than 3mm. Just looking for opinions on these tyres as the standard contis aren't the best anyways. What do people think of ..

1. Goodyear Eagle f1
2. Michelin Pilot Sport 3 or Super Sport
3. Pirelli Pzero
4. Hankook Ventus V12 or S1

Cheers guys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    839.9 KB · Views: 112
Try pilot super sports. Such much grip. Blackcircles is great too I got mine for 167 per tyre fitted

Reactions: JamieGrant10
I'm looking forward to my when my continentals have died, think I'll go for the Goodyears after what I've read on here.

Tried pilot super sports, good tyres but not long lasting. Running P zero's now

having run good years asymmetric 2's for a good while on a Mk4 golf I've recently put a set of rain sport 3's on mine. which so far are as good as if not better than the good years, and were a good £20-£25 cheaper a corner from camskill.

might be worth a look.

Tried pilot super sports, good tyres but not long lasting. Running P zero's now
I've done over 17k on my PSS and that's giving them some stock everyday. I hated the contis personally.
Blackcircles..com anyway save yourself a packet

I've done over 17k on my PSS and that's giving them some stock everyday. I hated the contis personally.
Blackcircles..com anyway save yourself a packet

Beef or chicken stock ?

Reactions: pez81 and Garry Houseman
Out of interest what end wear fastest on an S4, front or rear? I've not long had mine and the fronts are a bit lower than the backs, didn't want to swap them round though just in case rears wear fastest and they've already been rotated!

F
Out of interest what end wear fastest on an S4, front or rear? I've not long had mine and the fronts are a bit lower than the backs, didn't want to swap them round though just in case rears wear fastest and they've already been rotated!
Fronts mate. It's where all the weight is. My fronts went in 6000

Thanks, thought at much but wasnt sure with the 4wd whether they wore strangely. Will do a swapsie at the weekend then.
F

Fronts mate. It's where all the weight is. My fronts went in 6000

Reactions: pez81
Just changed my Conti Sport 3s for Dunlop Sportmaxx RT. What a difference Contis sounded like all my wheel bearings had gone! Lasted 12000 miles and still about 3mm on the front and 4 on the back but I couldn't stand the noise. The Dunlops are brilliant with a much better feel and quiet too.

Reactions: Keef and pez81
I'm booked in to have my wheels refurbed next week and will be putting Pilot sport 3s on.
I've done 11.5k miles now and have about 2mm left!
Had the exact same tire on my 3.0TDi also on 19" wheels and got 18k outa them!?

I came down to PS3, f1assymetric2 or the Dunlops, I've had bad experiences with Goodyear in the past so that sort of influenced me and just went for the Dunlops on a bit of a whim - I expect that it would be hard to tell the difference in everyday motoring.