1.8TFSI Remap - Revo or APR?

jafar

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking to remap my A3 (its 1.8 TFSI 160bhp), I'm not sure what to choose, APR or Revo...
If you were in my position, What you will choose? and why?

Thanks.

You need a reputable tuner who is reasonably close to you,preferably recommended by people here.

The choice of maps from Revo,APR,or custom maps then becomes a bit eaier.
I used Revo software for some years,and left recently,now using something completely different,but APR have put a fair bit of work into their products recently,where some others have not.

If you want something extra,then custom mappers such as Rick @ Unicorn are ones to look at also.

Some will give you a demo map to try out,and some also offer free upgrades if you progress up the scale.

Reactions: Sandra
Depends where you want to go with your map really, stage 1, 2 or 2+ and what parts on your car, and defiantly go to a recommended tuner if your after anything after stage 1.
Revo, APR, Shark and Superchips are all the main remaps, it then comes down to a tuner to fettle if needed after that.

Currently stock with 60K km, recently i start feeling that 160Bhp is not too much and that i need more performance from the car, but what i'm afraid from is that my car has the dsg7 gearbox which i'm not sure if it will handle 217bhp (after the remap).

I would go custom, close to where you live, which has positive recommendations on this site.
Which would probably lead to you choosing neither of the above.

The DQ200 is the only dry clutch system and used on smaller engine cars, but check on your owners manual and check the gearbox code.

Rick@unicorn did a great job with mine, I can't comment on the gearbox as mine was a manual though I had no trouble with clutch slip with about 350nm of torque