Servicing

jrayner90

Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hello folks

Cars just hit 113000 on 3.2 Quattro. Slightly worried about chain issues now.

What service is it and what oils ect you use?

Cheers

Im no expert on that engine but the most important thing to do is to change the oil regularly with the correct grade for the car.
I go for roughly 6000 miles or 6 months on my cars with a good quality oil but dont go mad with prices, you can usually find a good quality synthetic oil for around £25 from someone like quantum or ac delco. A small price to pay for engine longevity.
Chains usually start to tell you they are worn as they get noisy, how does yours sound?

If you're worried about chain issues then your options are to get it done at vast expense. Or be mindful of what to expect if the chain(s) stretch. I believe the upper one is prone to this but, its not a common problem. Apparently a worn chain can be detected by a scan so that might be a first (and cheaper) option. As for oils I buy the best that I can afford. So Castrol Edge 5W-30 which I think is also recommended for the 3.2 engine.

Thanks for that il look at some 5w-30. Used Millers in my last car. As I'm not bothered about taking it to garage any more il get my mate to do it ie why i ask what oils you use. What about gearbox oil? I have the dsg box in mine.

Dont think chain is to noisy to be honest but im no expert.

Cheers for replies.