Audi TT EA113 Boost pressure

15audis3

Reaction score
Hi All

My dad has recently bought a used Audi TT with the MK5 GTI engine. It pulls quite hard, similar to my old MK6 GTI that had Bluefin so we suspect it has been remapped. Just took it out for a spin with VCDS connected to measure actual and specified boost values.

Our highest results during a WOT pull:

Boost Pressure (Specified): 1720mbar
Boost Pressure (Actual): 1760mbar

How accurate are these values? This is 25psi, which unless I'm mistaken is more pressure than the turbo in these cars is capable of producing.

Out of curiosity I've just done the same measurements with my 100% stock 8V S3 and it shows a peak of 2.178 bar (31psi) which is also too high. Is there a correction value we need to apply to these results?

VCDS Version: Release 15.7.0 (x64)

Thanks

Right guys need a little bit a hell here a own a A3 s line sportback 2007 my turbo went 3 weeks ago oil went every where lol got it solved and put a new turbo on the car, is was running great but after a week a noticed that when am driving and trying to boost am not getting to feel that boost in the car it's not a lot but I can feel a little differnace. Could It be the oil filter that has to get changed to maybe resolve the problem as the car millage is 130k but had a new engine fitted so the filter will be a mess ? Any ideas will appreacte anything

Boost pressure is pretty much always absolute pressure. Where 0 is a full vacuum and normal atmospheric pressure is around 1 bar. You could see this by looking at the values at idle. There would be little or no boost at idle so if it showed around 1000mbar and the max boost seen was 1750 m bar then you are only getting 0.75 bar of boost around 11 PSI .
Definitely the 8V S3 will only be making 1.178 bar of boost around 17 PSI. The values of boost measured are pretty accurate as the sensors themselves are accurate.