H&R Springs

MikeParkin

It's my birthday
Reaction score
I've looked on a web site and have noticed that the H&R Srings for the cabrio are 30mm drop. On the sportback etc they are 15mm or 25mm.
My question is could I put the 30mm on a hatch and gain a better drop ?
I would of thought that they all would be the same and fit.
It also says with/without MRC ?

Last edited:
MRC is magnetic ride.

Some of the different figures are due to the variants having different ride heights from the factory so with the same H&R spring you get different drops.

Oh ok so the 25mm drop without MRC will be the right ones then. @Rob2k68

Oh ok so the 25mm drop without MRC will be the right ones then. @Rob2k68

Pretty sure H&R do two models of spring depending on what drop you require either a 15mm or a 25mm.

I'll have a dig around for the names and part numbers.

Do you know any UK sites that's cheap, I've found them for £167.

Ok now I'm still on the hunt for the right H&Rs for a 3 door S3, is the sportback part number the same for the hatch ?

If a S3 3 door hatch owner has H&Rs on did you have the 20mm/25mm drop.

What part number did you order and where from.

Cheers.

Ok now I'm still on the hunt for the right H&Rs for a 3 door S3, is the sportback part number the same for the hatch ?

If a S3 3 door hatch owner has H&Rs on did you have the 20mm/25mm drop.

What part number did you order and where from.

Cheers.

Mine were 28810-1s, photos of H&R box and drop below. Now replaced with coilovers, and for sale if anyone fancies them. They were on the car for precisely 1,109 miles.

They were advertised as 15mm drop non mag ride, 25mm mag ride, so were apparently a 15mm drop on mine (didn't do the before & after measure). The 19s have a 5mm larger rolling radius than the standard wheels, so the arch gap was 20mm less. Hope this helps....

Imag0468
Imag0788

Reactions: naughts4187
My car will have the standard 18s, are the wheels you have on there 19s or 18s?
Is that pic with the H&Rs on or you coilovers on ?
Looks awesome I'm getting ibis white.

My car will have the standard 18s, are the wheels you have on there 19s or 18s?
Is that pic with the H&Rs on or you coilovers on ?
Looks awesome I'm getting ibis white.

That's a pic with the H&Rs, wheels are 19s, so on standard 18s there would be a 5mm bigger gap between the wheel rim and the arch, and the base of the car would sit 5mm lower to the ground.

Mine were 28810-1s, photos of H&R box and drop below. Now replaced with coilovers, and for sale if anyone fancies them. They were on the car for precisely 1,109 miles.

They were advertised as 15mm drop non mag ride, 25mm mag ride, so were apparently a 15mm drop on mine (didn't do the before & after measure). The 19s have a 5mm larger rolling radius than the standard wheels, so the arch gap was 20mm less. Hope this helps....

View attachment 68237 View attachment 68238

If these are suitable for my non mag ride car then I'll be keen to take these and use them with some billies shocks! Did you have rubbing issues if I remember of was that the spacers?

If these are suitable for my non mag ride car then I'll be keen to take these and use them with some billies shocks! Did you have rubbing issues if I remember of was that the spacers?

Rubbing was purely down to the spacers, and only had rubbing with the 10mm front / 12mm rear set up, no rubbing with the H&Rs and 8mms all round, so all good without spacers.

The current set up is so good with the coilovers that I haven't put the spacers back on as I don't want to mess with it now I have it just the way I want it.

Reactions: naughts4187
I'm just about to get the H&Rs fitted with my 19"s.....

Quick question, my new 19"s are ET45 running 235 35 19s, do you think there will be any rubbing issues?? I think my original Audi 18"s are ET50, so I'm guessing that means my 19"s stick out 5mm more????

There looks like there will be enough room without rubbing, but wanted to see if anyone has a similar set up or experience of my desired drop!!

Cheers

Pics= pre H&R with 19"s fitted, ET45 no spacers.

I'm more worried about the rear, as there appears to be lots of room at the front!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441782267182317

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441782285575017

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441782314805917

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441782421272999

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441782435047383

Rubbing was purely down to the spacers, and only had rubbing with the 10mm front / 12mm rear set up, no rubbing with the H&Rs and 8mms all round, so all good without spacers.

The current set up is so good with the coilovers that I haven't put the spacers back on as I don't want to mess with it now I have it just the way I want it.
What coilovers have you went for and do you have pictures of them fitted?

At work, so no access to photos, but there are pics on page 89 of the pics thread with the coilovers, post number 3555.

Coilovers are Bilstein B16s.

I'm just about to get the H&Rs fitted with my 19"s.....

Quick question, my new 19"s are ET45 running 235 35 19s, do you think there will be any rubbing issues?? I think my original Audi 18"s are ET50, so I'm guessing that means my 19"s stick out 5mm more????

There looks like there will be enough room without rubbing, but wanted to see if anyone has a similar set up or experience of my desired drop!!

Cheers

Pics= pre H&R with 19"s fitted, ET45 no spacers.

I'm more worried about the rear, as there appears to be lots of room at the front!!

View attachment 68253

View attachment 68254

View attachment 68255

View attachment 68256

View attachment 68257
I'm assuming the 19s are 8.5J?

If so, you'll be fine with H&Rs, lots of people running this set up with ET 45. I ran ET 48 with 8mm spacers (equivalent of ET 40) for a while, but that was borderline for an 8.5J on 235s for the hatch.

So do the H&Rs fit on any S3 8V ?
Product Code: 28826-2.
No MRC.
3 Door.
I am also fitting wheel spacers front 15mm and rear 20mm.

I'm assuming the 19s are 8.5J?

If so, you'll be fine with H&Rs, lots of people running this set up with ET 45. I ran ET 48 with 8mm spacers (equivalent of ET 40) for a while, but that was borderline for an 8.5J on 235s for the hatch.

Cheers, yes I'm running 8.5s so pleased to hear they should fit with no rubbing

If I am running 8.5 x 19, et 50 what spacers would I get away with? 8mm or 10mm? Would I need longer bolts too? Cheers

I'm on h&r springs for reference
You'll be borderline with the rear arch liner with 10mm, I wouldn't go more than 8s, which would be ET 42 equivalent.

You will need longer bolts, to match the width of the spacers

View attachment 68237 View attachment 68238

are these still available ?

What will you be after for them?
Why didn't you keep them on?

Replaced them with coilovers. Will need to do a bit of research into what they go for, think they're about £210 new, so probably about £140ish delivered....

That's a good price. Did you have to ring them for price match? Are you sportback ? I'm just trying to clarify what springs I need for my 3 door but I'm sure there the same.

Just rang them and told them I can get them for £190, told them where from, they checked on tinternet and matched! £199 for fitting though

AMD Essex

special price on the supply and fit of Eibach & H&R springs at AmD Essex.

The price will be from £299.95 inc vat supplied and fitted for FWD cars. This will also include four wheel laser alignment.

For 4WD and RWD cars it will be from £369.95, also including four wheel laser alignment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68
Mike, S3 sportback!

SJ, I'm going to ring Awesome Monday, that's a considerable saving ;-)

Ok @jimbojet I think there the same fitment for springs for the 3 door so I'll just have to order some.

Actually, mine is obviously a 4WD so will be £369 from AMD. Hardly a considerable saving, especially if driving down to Essex from Manchester

£390 fitted at Awesome!

Actually, mine is obviously a 4WD so will be £369 from AMD. Hardly a considerable saving, especially if driving down to Essex from Manchester

£390 fitted at Awesome!

Yes, that's what I meant, £190 springs and £199 to fit.
They may match AmD all in price... may...