Storage tray under front car seat - what do you use yours for?

ahfh1

Reaction score
Hi,

There is a storage tray under the front drivers seat.

However I find it pretty useless as there is a big gaping hole at the base of the tray. I've tried to put CDs in there but they keep falling out of the hole.

Anyone find a successful way of making good use of it?!

No, to be honest I totally forgot it was there! I look forward to your replies to see if it has any useful purpose. Maybe a packet of wet wipes for those occasions when services purchased coffee spills on your jeans?

Sunglasses but in a hard case so that they don't fall down that gap you describe.

Maybe a packet of wet wipes for those occasions when services purchased coffee spills on your jeans?

Coffee spills on your jeans eh? You're not fooling anyone here ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06, Baldyone and Simon L
No gap in either of mine

Emm storage tray under the front seat you say?

That'll be nothing then. Didn't know there was one! :redface:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Sometimes hide my wallet in there out the way of the wife !!

Reactions: Av4nt, Jassyo06, Simon L and 1 other person
Emm storage tray under the front seat you say?

That'll be nothing then. Didn't know there was one! :redface:
There is one in the saloon, but it has the first aid kit in it.

Reactions: Simon L
There is a box under Passenger Seat, not in driver seat. Mine health kit is there from stock.

Usually a box of dashboard wipes. Always use to keep them in the glovebox until I found this one, not sure why I moved them really. lol.

This is new to me.

Didn't know I had one until I read this thread :yes:

The Audi first aid kit is shoved in mine. @leosayer1 The hi vis jacket is meant to go in the back seat compartment, though you can put it where you like its your car

The Audi first aid kit is shoved in mine. @leosayer1 The hi vis jacket is meant to go in the back seat compartment, though you can put it where you like its your car

Where is this mysterious back seat compartment?

I don't think I have one!

First-aid kit, which is designed to fit in it.

Reactions: SRT
Where is this mysterious back seat compartment?

I don't think I have one!

My hi vis jacket is just below the middle seat at the back. There's a little pull out compartment where the jacket is stored.

Sounds like the jacket is stored in different areas for different 8V owners!

There's a storage tray?! *** goes to find something to store away and probably forget it's there....

Reactions: Martinbanshee
Hi,

There is a storage tray under the front drivers seat.

However I find it pretty useless as there is a big gaping hole at the base of the tray. I've tried to put CDs in there but they keep falling out of the hole.

Anyone find a successful way of making good use of it?!

CD's? What are they?

My hi vis jacket is just below the middle seat at the back. There's a little pull out compartment where the jacket is stored.

Sounds like the jacket is stored in different areas for different 8V owners!
No hi vis jacket in the saloon. You just have to get run over:yum:

The Audi supplied First Aid kit (red) is supposed to go into it.

"Piggy Bank"for my deposit on my next Audi

Reactions: Baldyone and Rob2k68
I opened mine once to check the first Aid kit was in there, and have touched it since...

The first aid kit is meant to go in there? Although on pickup it was in the boot in one of the side cubbys, dunno really, sunglasses in there? Personally I wouldn't want to bend down to retrieve sunglasses when I am driving but it could work I suppose.

"Piggy Bank"for my deposit on my next Audi

The way the aussie dollar is going, I will need a much bigger money box than that one.

But yes I have a first aid kit under the drivers seat and the hi-viz vest under the rear seat , with a triangle in the hatch lid.

except no self-respecting aussie uses a hi-viz vest or triangle...:wink new:

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06

I don't have that compartment. It's just all seat cushion.

Maybe it's something to do with the fact that I havethe through-load / arm rest option.

^ That compartment only comes with the Storage & Luggage Pack option (standard on S-Line and S3)

Contraband?

Reactions: Wondering Soul and Rob2k68