Cam belt dilemma

rivens

Reaction score
Hi A3 owners,
I recently bought an A3. I have some service history while it was done at authorised garages. Can you let me know your opinion by looking at the pictures of the service record and the receipt if the timing belt was changed at 75,000 miles (last authorised service)? Now it has 120,000 so if it wasn't changed it is a bomb. If it was changed then I can delay the change by a few months.
Did the £595 service included the cam belt ?

Thanks

Attachments

• WP_20150909 1.jpg
    WP_20150909 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
  • WP_20150909.jpg
    WP_20150909.jpg
    976 KB · Views: 109
Thanks for the reply, that is what I was thinking as well. Just that the local garage said they could not find proof that the cambelt was changed. But they would say that to force me to change it for £390.

Call the number on the audi stamp give them your reg they will be able to tell you for definite, a tick in a box wouldn't be enough for me as anyone can tick it after it's been stamped
Cheers
Dave w

As the post above says it's actually due another change. The cambelt should usually be changed every 75,000 miles (this can change for some models) or 5 years whichever is sooner. So it's nearly 8 months overdue.

S3Dave, I called the authorised service, but they don't keep detailed records from 2010, so they could only confirm that the car was serviced there.
Thanks for the replies, I guess it is time for a replacement anyway considering the 5 years constraint. Looking forward for the next pay cheque.