About to order coilovers........

s3black

Reaction score
About to order coilovers but if any one knows of any new or used for sale it would be much appreciated lol. Have an add up on here but no replies as yet. Thanks

Tried the sponsors? damian at DPM Performance will sort you out

<tuffty/>

These are what I am looking at. Will they fit the S3 8l 2002? they seem to have a few extra mounting points!? Euro car parts £166.50 delivered

VW GOLF MK4 R32 GTI 4MOTION COILOVERS AMAX WORLDWIDE SHIPPING 161435406846

Dear God don't do it, they look similar to the FK Street coilovers I made the mistake of buying.
They are horrific, they bounce far too much, and are borderline dangerous through corners they are so bouncy!
If your after cheap lows they work, but the drive of your car is utterly destroyed.
Coilovers are a go big or go home situation, go for at least some AP (derived from KW - Weitec) or a decent shock and spring kit.

Just my 2p, but I would save until you can afford something that's not going to kill you.

Reactions: daz-20vt and Greg-S3
hahaha I enjoyed reading that reply. Well I have had fk's in the past and to be honest for what im using the car for im not to bothered. I may do as tuffty says and give the guys a quick message and see what they can sort out first before I order these. But will they fit an S3 8L even though they are meant for a 4motion?

TT quattro, S3, R32, 4 motion - all the same

Watch the spring rates on the front... R32/4motion are VR engines... heavier than the 1.8t's used in TT/S3...

<tuffty/>

Watch the spring rates on the front... R32/4motion are VR engines... heavier than the 1.8t's used in TT/S3...

<tuffty/>

Oh lol so should I just stick with S3 specific then? they say for S3 8l on the eutocarparts site tho

If they say they are then they 'should' be ok but generally speaking the spring rates vary... maybe being stiffer they cover both... probably worth clarifying it

However... I would still talk to Damian (@DPM )...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: DPM and scotty_24
Just ordered my coilies from eurocarparts. Found a cheeky wee discount code so got them in the end for 144 delivered. Boom!!!

Just to say my coilovers for £146 arrived today and look great. Can't wait to get them fitted