Tyre punctures

S

Simonb1975

I have just pulled the RS3 into my possible list. Many weeks of prating about with test drives etc to come.
I have a question though.

I have always been used to having a spare in the boot which I gather the RS3 doesn't. Should a puncture happen what's the best course of action considered. I'm assuming the repair kit doesn't work (Apparently they rarely do)

Thanks for any suggestions (If sensible :welcoming:)

Hmm my dealer's piece of advice: call assistance, don't even bother with repair kit.

Call Audi Assist - I did when I had a puncture on my SQ5. It's a PITA, but it is the highest level of AA/RAC cover so they will take you the rest of the way on your journey etc. The only downside is in case of no mobile reception, but as long as you don't live in the Scottish Highlands that's unlikely...
I know a few people have bought a compact spare and packed it in the boot for the odd long journey - you'll need to do some research on one that will clear the callipers though (at least the rear so you could put the spare on the rear and rear on the front in case of a front tyre puncture - this would not be ideal if you go for the optional wider fronts, but would at least get you going!).

So where does the B&O sub sit? Sorry if it's a silly question.

Just on my S3 the sub is secured into the centre of the spare wheel

It's there in the centre of the wheel well still, and the battery is between that and the outer wall of the well!!

Reactions: RYuill