front windscreen replacement

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
ive not got a sunshade on top of my windscreen,id like one,im going to tell my insurance replace it for a genuine audi one........I know audi will go off my reg and give me a standard one for my car,is there anyway of getting one with a sunshade/tint strip ?

A3 SPORTBACK

If your doing it on insurance, I would say ask them for the tint as they ask which screen needs replacing IE: Heated tinted auto wipers.
If they challenge it just plead ignorance and say you will pay the extra premium.
Or be honest from the start and pay the extra, that's what I'm going to do.

I had exactly the same dilemma and asked the lady nicely if they could supply one with a tint and 'hey presto' a lovely progressive tint to go with the black bodywork..(don,t ask don,t get) that,s my philosophy :whistle2:

thanks to all above replies............il ask but im just thinking,when audi put my reg in,they will know,its got no tint.........are the tints fitted after?

The windscreen companies don,t contact audi directly they just have a general database of what type of windscreens cars have.So you shouldn't have any issues.Just ask them to fit one with tint and if you have to pay a little extra then so be it:cheerful:

If your replacing your windscreen have the auto lights retrofitted at the same time. its a worthwhile installation... you get the auto lights, auto wipers, auto dimming rear view mirror, coming home and leaving home, and a new auto lights switch.
since the installation requires the windscreen changed for the new light and rain sensor mount bracket you can get the parts together, have it fitted in and then get the insurance to change the windscreen to the rain sensor one and finish it off... insurance won't have a problem with it. Done many like this!

We can install the lot so send us a PM