Question for the ecu guys

s3kirk

Reaction score
was just looking for advice, my s3 (amk) is stage one tune mapped and my local tuner tried to remove the map and put a standard map on, turns out the previous owner of my s3 had his ecu chipped and anti tuned so we can't remove the map, and has had an extra chip soldered in.

Anyway that's the back story, what I'm wondering is if I look for a another amk ecu will I need also need the clocks and key transponders from the same car? Or can I just buy an ecu and find someone to code it?(if so how much would that cost and anyone know of any near Eastbourne)
Thanks in advance

You can use almost any wideband ECU... someting like an AUM off a later Golf Mk4 or A3 8L (2001 on)

You will need to get it adapted to your clocks to get the immo to work...

You can use vag-tacho or simialr to get the ecu and instruments SKC... the ecu can be coded to the instruments and then it will adapt using the VIN etc from your instruments... you won't need to recode keys or replace any

Procedures here:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer

Failing that you can try a decent autolock smith... for example...
http://www.autosolutions-autolocksmiths.co.uk/

<tuffty/>

Thanks for the response tuffty
So if I'm reading it right as long as you can enter the coding of my ecu into the new ecu it will work fine?
Just out of interest, does anyone know what Audi maindealer would charge to code an ecu to your car?

Not sure they will do it unless its a new ECU or at least one of the same ECU number... best to give them a call and ask

You need the SKC from the new ECU and the SKC from your clocks... you login to the new ECU using its SKC then recode it using the instruments SKC... this will then code the new ECU correctly... you will still need to flash a map for your car on it as it won't run properly or at all with the map originally on it unless the ECU was from a K04 turbo'd car...

<tuffty/>

Ok well my car runs on my current ecu fine and I will be looking for another amk ecu ideally. Yeah I was planning to call them Monday to ask, it's just I'm expecting them to charge an extortionate amount of money, tried to get a new headlight from them and they want something in the region of £600 pounds! Thanks for the explanation but unfortunately it's beyond me, I only have vcds lite and neither the skill to attempt this myself with the correct software.

Get your mapper to read the immobiliser code from the original ECU and drag that onto an unmapped locked (immobilised) ecu with the same part number.

I had a similar problem with a mapped ecu on my s3 where I bought what I was told was a immo deleted ECU, which was in fact immobilised.

Cost me £40 to drag the code across and the car runs sweet as on the new ecu...

Get your mapper to read the immobiliser code from the original ECU and drag that onto an unmapped locked (immobilised) ecu with the same part number.

I had a similar problem with a mapped ecu on my s3 where I bought what I was told was a immo deleted ECU, which was in fact immobilised.

Cost me £40 to drag the code across and the car runs sweet as on the new ecu...
Yeah my tuner is looking into it I think he may be able to sort swapping ecu's. Also coincidentally I spoke to Audi today and they refuse to code an ecu unless it's a brand new one, and they charge an hour labour, incase anyone's interested.

You can use almost any wideband ECU... someting like an AUM off a later Golf Mk4 or A3 8L (2001 on)

You will need to get it adapted to your clocks to get the immo to work...

You can use vag-tacho or simialr to get the ecu and instruments SKC... the ecu can be coded to the instruments and then it will adapt using the VIN etc from your instruments... you won't need to recode keys or replace any

Procedures here:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer

Failing that you can try a decent autolock smith... for example...
http://www.autosolutions-autolocksmiths.co.uk/

<tuffty/>
read the EE out and flash that into the new one

Reactions: <tuffty/>