2.5 or 3" exhaust needed for 350bhp?

RB S3

Reaction score
Hi guys. am having the s3 custom stage 2 mapped by rtech shortly and have hybrid ko4 along with everything else needed to make 350bhp if all goes well. So question is I have pro 4 manifold into 3 inch downpipe and decat then standard rest. So planned on taking it to MIJ for a custom exhaust.
Will 2.5 inch be enough or do I need to go 3 inch?
Thanks in advance

Ok thanks. As its decatted and I don't want it loud what can I do to help keep it on the quieter side? Two silencers?

I have three, two is obviously louder but really depends on the silencers used.... mine are all straight through but is a lot quieter than most

<tuffty/>

Sorted. Anyone had experience with MIJ? Heard they're good

They can tune your exhaust to suit the level of noise you want but the stories about them seem varied...

<tuffty/>

Ok. Any other companies you would recommend?

Not saying MIJ are bad dude... never used them personally but others have and speak highly of them... when I did my initial research into 3" systems the reviews on them were mixed is all... so I decided to persue my own

Longlife is another company...

Main problem is 3" is not a typical size so not many make them... this is the post I found that put me off initially
http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146951&start=30

Maybe they are better now I don't know but there have been a few others on here that have used them before and been happy with the results

<tuffty/>

Hmm doesn't read well but might have changed. Will a miltek flow 350?

Yea think Il try my luck with them as they quoted me £300 fitted so good price and hopefully Il be able to post a positive review! About time I had something go right with my s3 as so far the two ive had have been disasters! Bleady things. Il get there in the end! :)

Thanks for your help again

Yea think Il try my luck with them as they quoted me £300 fitted so good price and hopefully Il be able to post a positive review! About time I had something go right with my s3 as so far the two ive had have been disasters! Bleady things. Il get there in the end! :)

You are telling me mate... labour of love owning an S3 ;)

Thanks for your help again

Welcome

<tuffty/>

I'm surprised to see MIJ being mentioned, that means you're fairly local to me!
MIJ seem okay, personally haven't had any work done by them but I've seen some of their work; some of it good, some of it bad. Have a search on Facebook for UnitTEN. The guy who runs it (Elliott) is a good friend of mine and he's amazing at fabrication. He hasn't been doing it full time for long but I can't knock his work at all, he charges reasonable prices too and will build it to whatever specs you want. He's got loads of pictures up of his work on his page. If you decide to message him, just mention my name.

Ok Il look into it. Thanks

Im actually down south West in Yeovil, but only really heard of MIJ before starting this post so thats why was willing to pay the £100 in fuel there and back as long as its worth it and still cheaper than a miltek or equivalent

FOb01
@ tuffty. Having seen this pic and quite liking the look. Would having the extra two pipes help with flow and also enable me to have more silencers? Does look good.

I had mine done in Plymouth by stuke fabrications, 3" right to the back with 2 silencers (one middle, one at the back), not too offensive on a light throttle but pretty loud when you put your foot down. Fitted brilliantly