Audi A4 B7 Joey Mod Headlights

Bradazbsak

Reaction score
Been getting bored with my car fancied jazzinn the front end up a bit so i removed the reg, and gloss blacked the Plate holder untill i find the courage to blow £35 on a plate filler lol, whilst i was at it i thought i would fix my headlight insert as when i fitted the HIDS i must have pushed too hard and popped the insert forward which made my beam out of line. So i whipped off the bumper (4th time now so its a doddle) took 10 mins.
Decided to do the joey mod as i was splitting one of them anyway...
The glue on these headlights was absolutley shitman! Took a few photos along the way so ill post them too .
Heres a photo of it before i started...
Lookin Pretty standard ... booooring
Dropped the bumper n took out the lights
Next they Got 10 mins on gas mark 6 with a few new potatoes and some asparagus
Should have seen the bints face man she thought i had gone Off! Would have used the heatgun but it doesnt work anymore and the hairdryer was about as much use as a vauxhall.. So i used the brand new oven ha!
Before i Gordon ramseyd them i used a 1/2 ratchet extension through the indicator hole and twatted it twice with a hammer knocking the orange pieces of crap out (car looked 10years younger already!
with a bit of picking and prying i split them
i Removed the inserts from the lense, the bottom of the light ans also the Silver insert around the full beam clips off with 3 clips inside. Glad i only did these 3 as any more would have been too much.
Put it all back together and BOOOM! Look ag the difference for the sake of £4 ok a tin of gloss black!

Heres a before and after

Reactions: Newbrook82, Stanningtonglen, gary_a4_quattro and 1 other person
Welcome to Audi-sport.net. Nice transformation. Hope you enjoy the forum :)

Looks Much better. If Audi took any hindsight feedback on their builds... it was stop using orange lenses. YUK!

Reactions: Bradazbsak
Thanks alot, bored of it again now thought, im retrofittings a centre armrest today, new battery scuttle cover .
In 2 minds whether to delete my back boxes my mates done it on his golf r and it sounds mint just dont want to ruin my car by doing it. Suppose its always replaceble any thoughts?