URGENT advice needed tfsi oil pump

Darren1983

Reaction score
Well my car is in for pick up being done and this is what he found, anyone give me any advice or anyone had this happen to them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564.9 KB · Views: 624
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 570
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 538
Can anybody help chaps?

Could it of caused damage else where in the engine

Blimey what the hell is that shrapnel? Sorry can't be of help by the way, was curious.

Tbh I'm really not sure, I'm more worried about if it has caused damage anywhere else

I previously got a p0011 camshaft timing ******(bank 1) code, could this be connected at all due to low oil pressure?

Was yours running ok previously, the pick being done as a preventative measure, or had it already suffered something towards failure ?

What was the oil like , any fine metallic particles, anything in the filter ?

Perhaps someone such as @Craig Cull might be around soon to shed some light on the origin of those bits lying there in the sump.

Good luck Darren, hope it's not bad

It seemed to be running fine, slightly down on power but I assumed that was due to a dodgy DV,

I was just get the pick up placed as a precaution and then that was found. He said the oil filter looked like it hadn't been changed in a while.

has anyone ever done the 1.8 oil pump conversion and done away with the balance shafts?

I previously got a p0011 camshaft timing ******(bank 1) code, could this be connected at all due to low oil pressure?

Is usually caused by a cam follower or a timing chain and tensioner. Mostly the latter.

As for the oil pressure warning this can be caused by the oil pick up, oil filter, oil filter housing lots of things can trigger it.

Some aftermarket oil filters tend to collapse which causes the oil pressure to not function correctly.

thanks for this, he has sent me a picture of the oil filter and its a state. again my main concern is could this of caused any other issues or damage in the engine? ive never had the oil pressure warning light on and the engine was running okay before all this was discovered.

thanks
darren

Few more pictures of the spocket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 541
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 522