New back shocks fitted

Amchlolor

Reaction score
New back shocks fitted yesterday,after I got it into my head the original ones were noisy and the dealer agreed.
There is precisely zero difference,apart from the harder ride you would expect from brand new shocks.
So,the noise evidently was in my head and is normal.
Ach well,no harm done.

marriedblonde said:
LOL...the more warrenty claims you manage to get the better value your getting :-D

J.

****** rite, cant beat freeness, lol

bowfer said:
New back shocks fitted yesterday,after I got it into my head the original ones were noisy and the dealer agreed.
There is precisely zero difference,apart from the harder ride you would expect from brand new shocks.
So,the noise evidently was in my head and is normal.
Ach well,no harm done.

Had mine fitted on Friday as well Bowfer. Mine wasn't really noisey but did annoy me at times and I have done 40k. My old ones must have lost their edge as the new ones have improved the handling but not the ride.

On a seperate note, I had the DSG oil change done at the same time. Result is super smoooooth gear changes and massive reduduction in 'delay' from standstill. Audi should change the DSG oil at 10-20k for free I think.

Just got to wait for Audi to replace my offside CV joint now and the car will be back to full health.

How do you know when your shocks have gone or how do you get the dealers to change them?

beerglass said:
How do you know when your shocks have gone or how do you get the dealers to change them?
They start to knock over bumps,wether the cars under warrenty or not just take it in and say 'i think the suspension is knocking' and point out it's covered by the 2 year warrenty if it is,or expect a bill for....you can ask then for a quote for the shocks replacement if your convinced its them...
The garage should/will change the shocks as a pair ,on safety grounds, if the car has any sort of mileage on it ie more than a few hundred???

Japper said:
On a seperate note, I had the DSG oil change done at the same time. Result is super smoooooth gear changes and massive reduduction in 'delay' from standstill. Audi should change the DSG oil at 10-20k for free I think.

That's really interesting Japper,as my DSG delay is getting really,really bad.
I often get the sort of delay you learn to expect in 'D',but I am in 'manual'.
When would mine be due a change (it's at 14000 miles-ish) ?