Full beam fuse location MY57 A3 SE help needed

rory21388

Reaction score
I have tried doing a bit of research and can't find anything that has helped so far.

I am trying to locate the fuse for my full beam. Unfortunately my car didnt come with a manual so I don't have a diagram and id rather not go ripping out all the fuses until the full beam goes off!

I will post up a picture of my fuse box. If someone could point me in the right direction or post up a diagram from their manual I'd really appreciate it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 667
Yes I think so. So what fuse controls the whole lot then? And what all does it control?

The "whole lot" being everything inside the lamp unit? If your adjustment motor is okay that means there is power to the switch too. None of the other lights are fused as they are switched via body control module. So, before going any further, what exactly is your car not doing?

The car is fine. I am retrofitting fog lights but don't want to go to the hassle of replacing the fog light switch, getting the wiring loom etc so I thought I would wire them in like driving lamps. However I thought it best to work out what fuse is in and what it runs so that I can make sure I'm not gona blow it.

Does that make sense?

I see what your saying. You're wanting to run fogs in parallel with the high beam- i.e. no need for a new switch with a dedicated position.
I'm not sure it would be advisable to load the body ecu like that - especially as it's not fused - its a chunk more current. Praps someone else can advise here.

You could use a relay to drive the lights.
Make sure you fuse the feed from the batt to the relay.

You will find having lights that low on with high beam is pretty pointless though imo.

Bazzle, yeah it is a bit pointless. It's more to make the car look better than anything else.

I don't think it looks good without the front fogs but it's too much hassle fitting them, buying a new switch, wiring loom, getting the car on vcds.

However I also feel that anything that's on the car should work. I'm only planning on putting low power led bulbs as I know the light output will be poor regardless.

Does that make sense?

As said by fouryoghurts the full beam don't have a fuse they get power from the central electronic module (BCM) if u wanted a cheap retro fit of fog light I would put on a separate switch for the fog lights through a relay though