This **** from vw

vr6gordy

Reaction score
Dose this **** up from vw effect audi as well or is it just the vw part of the brand

It will eventually catch up with and embarrass also fine most brands and see an end to lab testing for figures .

So a £30 annual road tax might become a £300 road tax and we'll always remember we'll have VW to thank for it !

Its all b/s anyway global warming is a natural phenomenon and has happened many times they just use it as a means of controlling the mass's and a revenue source. Rule by fear !
1. god................but we kinda got bored with it.
2. Global annihilation..............cold war and nukes but weout grew that one.
3. Aids..................nobody ever thinks they'll get it.
4.terrorism........has gotten out of control and is no longer funded by the enlightened ones.
5. Global warming...............Geologists and historians have now had time to prove man may have some small affect but 400+ active volcano's belching out more pollution in 1 day than the whole of man kind can in 1 year is the bigger cause. Still it gives them a good reason to tax us in every way poss!

Have none of you folks ever wondered why if you have enough money GW doesn't apply to you.

Reactions: TonyH38, THQuattro, SuperV8 and 9 others
Seems its 2009 on common rail diesels but it might ruin VAG if the Yanks do the same as they did to BP.What a dumb thing to do

Thinking what USA could be short for lol

Have i missed something? ive been flat out.no excuse i suppose,someone spill.for the stragglers

Not greenhouse gas this is poisonous nitrous oxide that they now say causes 1000s of deaths.Bit like when they twigged that lead in petrol was dangerous or when coal burning was causing smog so thick it halted traffic when I was a kid in London and made it hard to breathe killing off many.Big business doesn't care so long as it makes money.I was there when my employers a big bank saw it could make millions by misselling and it was 30yrs before they were caught.At least they didn't kill anyone.Here in Southampton we have some of the worst pollution in the UK but no one talks about it cos its mainly caused by all those cruise ships and container boats sitting in port all day with their filthy engines running and the port is big business

This is what is effected apparently

The EPA found the "defeat device", the device that allowed VW cars to emit less during tests than they would while driving normally, in diesel cars including the Audi A3 and the VW Jetta, Beetle, Golf and Passat models.

Have i missed something? ive been flat out.no excuse i suppose,someone spill.for the stragglers
The Yanks have caught VAG fiddling the emissions figures for millions of diesels sold since 2009.The fines will be inbillions and VAG has lost a third of its value in 2 days.The boss will get sacked but it wont stop there and others were probably doing the same

Reactions: Ro55
Just another way of squeezing more cash out of us, can't get over how they want to put a congestion charge on for diesel drivers going into Birmingham city centre post 2020 due to "diesel emissions" with all the diesel environmental benefits claimed just a few years ago. "Environmental plan" was clearly conducted by a bunch of guys with Bugatti's and McLaren P1's.

Not greenhouse gas this is poisonous nitrous oxide

Are you sure its nitrous oxide Mike ??? I know it can kill if you sniff in about 20 balloons worth(said in a high pitch voice),but i didn't realise it came from exhausts (he says as he rush's outside with a large bin liner, some sticky back tape and his car keys):hubbahubba:

Vw hasn't broken any rules here they just twisted them abit

Reactions: DieselJake
Im afraid my mate Arnie will disagree , he had to convert his H2 hummer to gas because it breached his own California rules of 0 emissions and VW deliberately falsified there emission readings which is FRAUD and defrauding the EPA is way more serious than killing ppl or blowing buildings up.The EPA has more power than the FBI and CIA put together No ONE messes with them if you do then you will get Rogdered in a way never seen before.

Just heard on the news that the fines VW are facing would wipe out Peugeot / Citroen twice over!
Now wouldn't that be a shame....

Reactions: Ro55 and S4_dan
GM got fined $900Million for killing over 124 people and injuring 275 with faulty ignition switch!
VW potentially to get fined $18+Billion! for flouting/bending an emissions reg. It hasn't been proven yet has it? It's not even helpful lowering NOx unless you live in smog filled LA! you actually get better CO2/soot/MPG and power by running slightly higher NOx.

What do you think the start/stop ******** is for... To get arround the emissions test and give the car a lower emissions rating! which in the real world is probably worse because you're carrying a larger battery and starter motor all the time. Part of the test is at 0mph so if you can turn the engine of for that part of the test hey presto lower emissions! Then there are the 'hybrids' adding a little elec motor and a huge V6, again the main driver is to do better at the emissions test.

All ******** and just a taxing exercise by the government.

Reactions: DieselJake
Now confirmed that its been done here so our bloodhounds are unleashed.Who is going to sue?Big rumours have hitBMW today.Saw the doc on BBC4 last night and the size of the container boat engine like those parked in our town every day.Even Dr Diesel commited suicide cos he felt responsible

12047174_829640287157335_7926791779186311219_n.jpg

Reactions: DrStrange
American cars get round it by running air pumps constantly on the engine which simply waters down the emissions, they blow straight into the exhaust.

Super v8 .....as I said you can kill ppl etc but **** off the EPA and your in more trouble than Usama bin laden was!

I think it was pretty clever what they did - wouldnt be suprised if other manufacturers were doing the same.
Would the "defeat device" not just be a seperate map on the ECU?

The downside to lower emmissions seems to be at the cost of the car owner nowadays.
DPF's are expensive to replace when they fail, I also know someone who has had to top up thier new A6 with adblue three times this moth at £10 per bottle.

Ad blue is mainly pig pee, all it does is bleach the carbon particles so you get less soot,does absolutely nothing to affect emissions, another money making con!

Reactions: BakPak