Returning Member now with S4 B6

d5aul

Reaction score
I was last on here in about 2008 when I had a 2006 A4 2.0 TDI, this was a company car, changes in jobs meant the A4 went & I now have a company Van, useful but not much fun, a few years ago I bought a TT as a weekend car, although it was a good car it wasn't very practical, camping trips & needing to take friends or family meant an estate car was needed.

I had been looking at A4's for a while as I liked the one I had as a company car then found an S4 on ebay where the bidding was low. I put in a last minute bid at 3.5k thinking it would go over that but if not the car would be worth having. I ended up winning the car.

I'm not worried about the fuel consumption as this will only be a weekend car as I use the company van for commuting etc.

This was a month ago, when I bought the car the seller said he had lost the V5 but should be no problem getting a new one! it wasn't until I got home with the car I realised getting the V5 was not so easy as you have to apply & then wait for DVLA to do their bit. Very annoying as it meant I could not tax the car or use it!

When I collected the car it was obvious that it definitely needs some loving! it has 150k miles on the clock, there is a bit of cam chain rattle on start up but that soon goes, this seems normal for higher mileage S4's it drove fine, most things worked as they should, only one warning light for the headlight self levelling.

Since its been parked up I have had a good look over it, I discovered the headlights have been changed for A4 headlights with some cheap Xenon upgrades, the ballasts needed securing properly as they had just been left floating in the space behind the headlights, that explains the warning light, removal of the fuse has cured that. eventually I will source some S4 headlights.
The cup holder was snapped, I have managed to fix it by plastic welding it back together & gluing a thin piece of Stainless steel to the underside.
I'm sure I will find lots more that needs fixing once I start using it!

The wheels are absolutely minging, someone has sprayed them graphite grey, the paint is now flaking off, these are now about to be powder coated in the standard silver, I also have a set of 4 new HanKook Ventus V12 EVO2 K120 tyres to go on as all the old tyres were past their best.

Welcome Back to audi-sport.net.The car looks nice. Im sure you will get all the little niggles sorted out soon. Enjoy. :) x

Since owning the car I have been doing a bit of digging on various forums & found that a member on here 'SteveS' owned the car in 2007, he had a private plate on it at the time, the HPI report shows his plate.

A few pictures of the car can be seen towards the bottom of page 4 on the 'Post pics of your B6 A4/S4 thread.
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/post-pics-of-your-b6-a4-s4.37217/page-4

A few other posts have confirmed what has been done to the car.
Posts from September 2007

just found out that my s4 has had more than just a cat back milltek fitted, a previous keeper has had an AMD stage3 with highflow cats, cat back milltek and a remap.

well ive got hold of the dynoplots now thanks to the last keeper getting in touch and finding them out for me - (thankyou) which say 354lb-ft @ 3415rpm and 389bhp @ 6639 rpm.

Welcome back and the S4 looks good from the pic.
A bargain at 3.5k

Looks much nicer now. Wheels powder coated silver & new wheel centres. Will get some decent pictures next time the suns out!
Hopefully it will prove to be a bargain at 3.5k, well just over 4K now! new tyres, powder coated wheels & a set of engine covers as they were all missing!
So far everything else is doing what it should!
Had a good look around it whilst the wheels were off, looks like new front lower suspension arms have been fitted recently, brakes look like there's loads of life left.
I'll look at plugging it into the VCDS lite soon & see what errors that brings up!

Sun was out so took the time to get some pictures.