sat nav diffrences

Daz4311

Reaction score
I will be having sat nav on the s3...do i go with the £495 option or the other one in the £1495 tech pack????

It's a fair bit extra cash but I'd go full tech pack you get the larger high res 7" screen, touch pad handwriting input on the jog wheel thingy, an extra SD card slot (maps are stored on HDD or SSD as we suspect it is) plus also factor in the 5 free map updates which would you choose to do that would cost the lions share of your extra £1k.

It's a fair bit extra cash but I'd go full tech pack you get the larger high res 7" screen, touch pad handwriting input on the jog wheel thingy, an extra SD card slot (maps are stored on HDD or SSD as we suspect it is) plus also factor in the 5 free map updates which would you choose to do that would cost the lions share of your extra £1k.

Seconded, the Tech pack is good, it's not 1k good, but I think I'd have regretted not getting it. for me the Screen quality (which is still poor by modern standards) touch pad on the wheel and option of the connect services where enough for me.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Well I have both - before you ask how, I have the Tech Pack in my S3 and the SD Card version in the wife's A1, and have to say the Tech Pack is better. If nothing else it's a little quicker re-calculating routes, the screen as mentioned above is slightly larger, and I find it gives slightly earlier "advice" of route changes (the SD card version tells you OK, but sometimes you could be right on top of the junction). The quality of the displayed map is just slightly crisper as well.

That aside there are few differences, from a navigation aspect both work extremely well. But given the choice, then I do prefer the Tech Pack, and think if you use Sat Nav a lot (I do in my job), then its worth the extra outlay and I'm glad I have it in preference.

Reactions: blodwen715 and Rob2k68