h7 bulbs is there any out there!! show me youre pics

linford-quattro

Reaction score
Im sure this may be a repeating question but its driving me nuts and hitting the wallet. Ive done plenty of searches but to no avail. Ive an a3 so hids are a no go with the wiper motor, I know welldonehid do them but dont fancy paying there price for some and they only go up to 6k, ive always used 8k in previous cars im not a chav just my preference I like the slight blueish tint.
so ive bought heaploads of h7 halogen bulbs trying to obtain the blueish tint but all im getting is white. Has anyone out there found any if so pics please or recommendations!!

Im sure this may be a repeating question but its driving me nuts and hitting the wallet. Ive done plenty of searches but to no avail. Ive an a3 so hids are a no go with the wiper motor, I know welldonehid do them but dont fancy paying there price for some and they only go up to 6k, ive always used 8k in previous cars im not a chav just my preference I like the slight blueish tint.
so ive bought heaploads of h7 halogen bulbs trying to obtain the blueish tint but all im getting is white. Has anyone out there found any if so pics please or recommendations!!
Try a pm to site sponsor @t8ups see if he can sort you out with what you looking for

Tim already tried mtecs after seeing all the reviews, dont take offence but I ended up binning them. Sandra ive already had some plate leds off him which ive still to upload a pic thanking the man! But im positive he said his h7s arnt to what im after :(

Reactions: Sandra
Tim already tried mtecs after seeing all the reviews, dont take offence but I ended up binning them. Sandra ive already had some plate leds off him which ive still to upload a pic thanking the man! But im positive he said his h7s arnt to what im after :(

No offence taken mate :) what sort of style you after?

No offence taken mate :) what sort of style you after?

Well ive always had 8k hids in previous cars. So im trying to find a similar look, obviously the output will be no were near but as for looks would be nice to find some. Its like a mixture of bluey white

I use the philips-whitevision-h7-twin in dip and main beam, and foglights. You get matching side light bulbs
No plate

Last edited:
Reactions: Scottyg
I've got the above in my 8V A3. Much whiter than the OME and as you say you get them in a double pack. My sizes were different to what you want but same make and model.

Had a set of philips h7 in one of my old a3's, seemed to give a nice crisp white light

You won't be able to replicate the Xenon bulb kits so that's really the end of the story, come close , yes but not the full monty.

Haven't seen the Philips Whitevision before but I think I'll give them a try, currently on Halfords Ultra which are the best light of the halogen bulbs so far.

You won't be able to replicate the Xenon bulb kits so that's really the end of the story, come close , yes but not the full monty.

Haven't seen the Philips Whitevision before but I think I'll give them a try, currently on Halfords Ultra which are the best light of the halogen bulbs so far.

Yeah not trying to replicate I know thats not possible. All im trying to find is if there's any bulbs thatll give a slight blue tinge :)

Here's a bit of lane footage from last night from the dash cam, gives you an idea on low and high beam

I fitted a 55w Canbus HID kit to my wife's A3 a year or so ago, I wrapped the HT cables in steel over braid with a further aluminium over wrap with an insulation layer over. They work perfectly and have given zero issues with bulb out warnings or the wiper motor.

Dave

I fitted a 55w Canbus HID kit to my wife's A3 a year or so ago, I wrapped the HT cables in steel over braid with a further aluminium over wrap with an insulation layer over. They work perfectly and have given zero issues with bulb out warnings or the wiper motor.
not heard this before!?! Ive heard about re earthing but id prefer to hear it off a few more than popping the wiper motor.

Dave

Dave
What?!?! Never heard this before. Heard about re earthing... anyone shed any light on this as i dont fancy popping my motor just because someone got lucky

The issue with the wiper motor is supposedly caused by the high tension cables giving off interference, the kits that don't blow the motor have close coupled ballasts that don't have long unsheilded HT cables. The steel and ally wrapping shields the HT cables and reduces interference to a minimum. Based on this sample of one I cannot say that it is a reliable fix, I can only say that it works very reliably in my case.

Dave

just ordered philips x-tremevision (the new 130% ones) and some whitevision sidelights. ill put a pic up when i get them

Sweet cheers dude. I may be in luck been talking to a guy at welldone hid and I think they may be getting hold of a 8k for me. As this is the colour im after. Happy days

the side lights were only £5 so if they aint much good ill get LED

keep us updated on the 8K ones

the side lights were only £5 so if they aint much good ill get LED

keep us updated on the 8K ones

Trups's sidelights are supposed to be bright leds seen a few pics of um, ive got his reg bulbs there decent. Yeah ill let you know dude, they saw my post above saying I weren't botherd about welldonehid due to their price and they only go up to 6k. Been been talking to them and Apprantley there willing to get me a 8k, if there true to their word then I dont mind paying there price. If you know anyone else wanting 8k it may be worth getting a list as im sure itll help speed things up aswell as get us a discount

Trups led sides are great. I had some of the "white look" H7's in but they're still too blue for me.

Too blue? You got any pics

Will do this eve mate. They are a lot better than many others I've seen driving around but for me personally they're still a little to blue.

I think tbh that's just the way it is, you'll never really get true white from a halogen.

Will do this eve mate. They are a lot better than many others I've seen driving around but for me personally they're still a little to blue.

I think tbh that's just the way it is, you'll never really get true white from a halogen.
nice one cheers dude. I asked him if his h7s would give off a blue tint as thats what im after. He said all his are just white so I didnt bother. I hope welldone sort me some 8ks out I miss um lol

As Linford Quattro says, he wants blue tinted lights, Not White. Personally I think it's daft as you loose out on the amount of light on the road and I like to see where I'm going but each to their own.

As Linford Quattro says, he wants blue tinted lights, Not White. Personally I think it's daft as you loose out on the amount of light on the road and I like to see where I'm going but each to their own.

Yeah, I have seen much bluer than mine (from Trups) so maybe they'll be too white for him... Me personally though I found I just can't get the pure white I'm after. Think it's just limitations of halogen tbh.

Yeah, I have seen much bluer than mine (from Trups) so maybe they'll be too white for him... Me personally though I found I just can't get the pure white I'm after. Think it's just limitations of halogen tbh.
Yep, only Xenons will give you white lights.

Reactions: Spiezels