Anti theft alarm issue.

DanBray

Reaction score
Hi all. Ok, so when my alarm was set off there would be no noise, just the indicators flashing (00134 diagnostic error code) I replaced the H12 alarm horn yesterday with another second hand one (same part no.) but now the alarm doesn't work at all plus the 5amp fuse blew and keeps blowing when I replace. I'm now also getting 2 further diagnostic errors for the interior monitoring sensors (01135) and inclination sensor (00323). Help!

Did you check the other possible causes of the original 01134 error code? I would guess the wiring might be 'shorting' somewhere.

01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12): No Signal/Communication
Possible Symptoms
  • Anti-Theft Alarm sporadically triggered
Possible Causes
  • Fuse(s) faulty
  • Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Alarm Horn (H12) faulty
  • Alarm Horn (H12) faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check Fuse(s)
  • Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Alarm Horn (H12)
  • Check/Replace Alarm Horn (H12)

Have you had any trouble with you rear wiper lately? Strange Q I know.
Also if you are blowing a fuse you have a dead short which may be your wiring back to front, IE: N/L L/N wired.

I've had no issues with rear wiper. The H12 horn is up under the front drivers side wheel arch.
My next port of call will be too re-install the old H12 horn to see if that clears the other 2 faults and then will get the wiring checked for any 'shorts'. I'm in no way electronically minded so this will now be a job for my local garage I think! Cheers for the advice though :)

I've had no issues with rear wiper. The H12 horn is up under the front drivers side wheel arch.
My next port of call will be too re-install the old H12 horn to see if that clears the other 2 faults and then will get the wiring checked for any 'shorts'. I'm in no way electronically minded so this will now be a job for my local garage I think! Cheers for the advice though :)
Yeah no probs mate, reason for wiper Q is they get corroded and stop working, they then leak water down into the locking mechanism in the boot lock and that sets off the alarm intermittently.
Good luck with it.

Ah right, makes sense. Cheers again!

Reactions: audismart
So, it's finally all sorted. Turns out the old siren was water damaged (upon closer inspection water was found on the wiring) and the newer siren is 'internally shorted' causing the other issues, according to my garage. That second hand part is being returned. Had to get a new siren direct from Audi but at least it's all fixed :) Cheers for all of your advice.

Reactions: audismart