Parking fine

Ahmed Hoang

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I want to write an appeal and I need some help. I've been too tight on cash and I was hoping that this month I wouldn't spend another penny on something useless... Except I got a parking ticket quite recently and this has been bugging me.

I've parked in this bay for the past year without receiving a ticket; I can say the same for other people that live in the area as I've seen them park here too, also with fines on their car quite recently.

This location is on Southwark Park Road, I have a parking permit for the road which I assumed was for the whole road as the signs are everywhere.

I've honestly never noticed the sign; what would be a good way to write an appeal against it? Here's the only picture I think would be useful to add to the appeal.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
It justs screams an area where one would get shafted .

Reactions: Andy Crooks and Ahmed Hoang
What does the sign say ?. Is it the one that is on the post by the bin about 5ft away from the door of your car ?.
The fact that you have parked there for the last year and not got a fine means you were probably lucky. Also I have to question why you kept parking there when you saw that other people were now being fined. It was only going to be a matter of time.
If it's your first fine you could contact them and plead ignorance especially as you have a parking permit that allows you to park on the road. If however the sign says something like it's a loading zone and limited to 30 minutes then you may have an issue.

Reactions: Ahmed Hoang
What does the sign say ?. Is it the one that is on the post by the bin about 5ft away from the door of your car ?.
The fact that you have parked there for the last year and not got a fine means you were probably lucky. Also I have to question why you kept parking there when you saw that other people were now being fined. It was only going to be a matter of time.
If it's your first fine you could contact them and plead ignorance especially as you have a parking permit that allows you to park on the road. If however the sign says something like it's a loading zone and limited to 30 minutes then you may have an issue.
Hi, it's a sign showing that it's a red route zone and there's a loading time from x to x. I was probably lucky, but I did park there quite often with other vehicles.

As for the parking fines on the other vehicles, that was after I got my fine. There's no way I would go back to parking there if I got it in the first place!

Honestly, I normally park there facing oncoming traffic; and the fact that the whole road allows anyone with a parking permit to park there, I assumed it would include the bay I got the fine in. I don't see why they don't just put signs for both sides of traffic?

Hmm, think you'll have to cough up, appeal first though, if it was a private company then it's an invoice not a fine, just ignore & do not respond to any correspondence

Not sure you are going to get far with this, but give it a go. If it's a loading zone on a red route they tend to be near shops or businesses, and they may have complained as people delivering to them would not have been able to park.
It's difficult to say you didn't see the sign when it's a matter of feet from your car door.
Also is the bay marked as a loading zone, I can see some writing on the road.

Have you been on the pepipoo website, there is alot of information on there that will help you.

Not sure you are going to get far with this, but give it a go. If it's a loading zone on a red route they tend to be near shops or businesses, and they may have complained as people delivering to them would not have been able to park.
It's difficult to say you didn't see the sign when it's a matter of feet from your car door.
Also is the bay marked as a loading zone, I can see some writing on the road.
yeah, I see your point. I'll pay it this time, hopefully people wont make the same mistakes as I did. Thanks.

Hmm, think you'll have to cough up, appeal first though, if it was a private company then it's an invoice not a fine, just ignore & do not respond to any correspondence
I never knew they were invoices, I do know a few people that say that they generally never pay for those tickets.

I never knew they were invoices

All the bays outside my flat are allocated by a private owner; my partner parked in a bay which is never used and got an invoice. She then moved to another one the next week and didn't receive one. She has parked in that bay since and has not received anything; we are lucky and it just depends on the owner of that spot.

The first invoice was received over three months ago and she has not heard another word from them.