Wide Body S3 at Shanghai Race Track

RS200Z

Reaction score
Here's some interesting pics taken by a friend of mine at the Shanghai F1 track recently.

IMG 20151002 WA0014

IMG 20151002 WA0016

IMG 20151002 WA0013

IMG 20151002 WA0015

IMG 20151002 WA0012

Reactions: xpoweruk
Looks very similar to the AMD S3 which Nic Hamilton is driving in the BTCC

which engine is that? EA888 gen 3? those manifold look huge...i wonder who can make aftermarket steel/aluminium manifold for our engine

Reactions: S3Alex
which engine is that? EA888 gen 3? those manifold look huge...i wonder who can make aftermarket steel/aluminium manifold for our engine

Your best bet would be to approach companies with experience in producing manifolds for the previous generation engines such as Boulekos Dynamic or HEP who sell via USP Motorsports.

This is the Boulekos.

These would be the easiest places to start but you need to remember that the stock manifold is actually pretty decent up to the point of a big turbo.

Reactions: veeeight and Salik Sajid
The potential of hardware upgrades are not realised without dedicated software. I doubt very much that the mainstream tuning companies would consider writing software for something like this as being commercially viable.

^^Exactly that! Cars like this don't have standard ECU software with a map, more than likely a dedicated or additional custom coded ECU that knows all about the ins-and-outs of the new hardware! Probably much like Motec do for the Japanese aftermarket tuners!

The potential of hardware upgrades are not realised without dedicated software. I doubt very much that the mainstream tuning companies would consider writing software for something like this as being commercially viable.

In fact the Boulekos worked straight off with no alterations to the Revo software I was using.

It's full benefits are obvious with something like a Syvecs ECU but you don't necessarily need a lot of complex mucking around to use something like this.

You would of course need the manifold adapted for the 8V or reworked by the manufacturer.

Again though I'd say you don't need this until you're running a LOT of power.

Last edited:
Reactions: pat15312
^^Exactly that! Cars like this don't have standard ECU software with a map, more than likely a dedicated or additional custom coded ECU that knows all about the ins-and-outs of the new hardware! Probably much like Motec do for the Japanese aftermarket tuners!

If you're talking about the race car,yes.

If you're talking about mine above,then the post I made is correct.

Yeah was in defence to the 'race car' :)

How is yours running these days? Haven't been around your build thread for a while!

Yeah was in defence to the 'race car' :)

How is yours running these days? Haven't been around your build thread for a while!
LOL
Hoped it wasn't mine being likened to a Top Gear build!

It's going very well thanks....cracked the 600bhp mark recently and all seems fine so must be more to come

The aftermarket ECU for ours would have to be the Syvecs and I think they're already looking at what the new engine might need.

Reactions: Wondering Soul
LOL
Hoped it wasn't mine being likened to a Top Gear build!

It's going very well thanks....cracked the 600bhp mark recently and all seems fine so must be more to come

The aftermarket ECU for ours would have to be the Syvecs and I think they're already looking at what the new engine might need.
600bhp is mad dude! Must be an absolute beast to drive! Must out perform quite a few big blocks by now!

Was wandering who makes them for Audi etc!

Thanks v much.

It's pretty rapid and a lot of that is down to that ECU and the way it connects everything.
It integrates all of the parts so well and controls fuelling and boost so well it feels easier to drive than before with less lag.

Storm Developments did that for me and turned it down a bit after setup as the exhaust needs some work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wondering Soul