looks like a bigger build

S3_Olly

Full Throttle
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
Hi iv had a few issues recently with trying to get to the blowing gaskets from relentless manifold to turbo and such with no joy ...... and I have no choice in taking the head off so the question is I may as well add new rods whilst I'm at it.
I have an amk engine so what is required when replacing the rods and is there any special tools needed.
Then once fitted if possible to do myself can I just put back together and away I go or is it a case of it would need to go to the garage for timing ect.
Any help would be appreciated.

rods would be head gasket, head bolts, oil, coolant, big end shells, M10 Ribe tool for head bolt removal, sump sealer, torque wrench
As for timing its often a good idea to visit and replace the water pump, cam belt and tensioners and damper whilst in there..
There will be guides for head removal and fitting somewhere I'm sure.

regards
bill

Cheers bill sounds like a bit of a list I mean I'm ok at challenging most things it's just the case of tools and the timing side and wouldn't want to get it wrong.
How much would I be talking for this to be carried out by the professionals ⬆ then a custom map on top?
Appriciate your advice bill