Audi A4 TQS - XS Power- Exhaust install-

LukeTQS99

Reaction score
Long time lurker, First time posting.

Here is my Audi A4 TQS 1999 which has had alot of recent work such as AP Coilovers, a K03-073 Turbo, De-CAT Pipe and MTEC brakes drilled and grooved all round. However under closer inspection to the exhaust when it was up in the air, it was clear to see it had seen better days showing some serious signs of rust and a couple of exhaust mounts being snapped!

IMAG0039E

So i decided it was time to purchase a new exhaust...

I shopped around alot before i purchased one, juggling between makes such as miltek and jetex. My problem with miltek was i didn't fancy spending £600+ on an exhaust that didnt include a down-pipe in its sale (as i was struggling with an exhaust leak from decat to down-pipe and issues with my flexi leaking aswell).

So Miltek was crossed off the list pretty immediately.. So the hunt carried on..

Jetex was the next company which caught my eye.. with its price tag just over half of the miltek system but still carrying the 2.5" stainless steel system, although this system didn't come with a down-pipe either, it was a more affordable and realistic option..... until i heard the exhaust on a friends A4 2WD 20VT..

So back to the drawing board.. i started looking at bespoke companies for a custom built exhaust on the vehicle. obvious companies came up such as long life and power-flow with competitive prices. I was then advised a company by a friend of mine who suggested EMP Peformance who had a very reasonable price of £350 including VAT for a 2.5" stainless steel CAT-BACK exhaust system. I jumped at this opportunity and booked the car in to have the work done. Nearer the booking, i called to confirm everything was still ok for the booking date and what a surprise.. i was knocked backed to square one.. apparently a CAT-BACK exhaust system actually only consists of the middle and rear box. Obviously the TQS go CAT then down-pipe not down-pipe and then CAT.. more £££ was required for a full CAT-BACK system. so i politely cancelled my booking (error i would say on both parts, service however was great.. completely recommend them).

I gather i am babbling on a bit so let me skip to the good bit..

http://xs-power.com/audi-exhaust-catbacks-4.htm

The website above claimed to be selling a FULL CAT-BACK exhaust system for my car in stainless steel.. for under £320 landed in the UK.. after emailing and confirming with the boys at XS power, The exhuast was ordered and under way!

5 Days later!!! it was with me... incredible service.. and impressively well packed. I genuinely struggled to get into the boxes.. Lovely finish and very nice welds!

The next day the vehicle was on the ramp... out with the old heavy exhaust and on with the new shiny one!
IMAG0043E IMAG0042E IMAG0041E

A slight bit of fettling and an hour later.. it was on!

Car was dropped and started up.. the exhaust gives a lovely deep sound and very vocal coming down the rev range.. BUT most importantly for me.. when driving on motorways or over 60MPH hardly noticeable..

So success... i now have a good looking exhaust, which doesn't have any exhaust leaks, very reasonable to install, had excellent customer service the whole time and all for well under £400.. Thumbs up..

IMAG0040E

Reactions: AlexA4Avant
Looks like a better fit than my milltek which touches the diff mount.

The Flexi area was near to knocking on the heatshield until the shield was just knocked back abit.. Nice exhuast to be honest.. sounds nice and a very reasonable price! Would of happily had a miltek if i could afford one..

Have you tried moving the hanger fixings over to move the exhaust away from it ??
Yeah. Played with it one day and moved it a bit, but still catches on bumps.

If it was Emp in St Albans you were going to ger to do it you had a lucky escape. They are useless for anything more than nailing some bent pipe under a 17 year old first car. I had a shocking experience with them and know a few others who have to. Naff material, off the peg boxes, nasty compression bends and a total lack of knowledge as to how an exhaust works. Seen many Power Flow system cause a reduction in power as well.

For anyone who is interested in how the exhaust sounds,

Please see the link below-

Reactions: Oranoco, THQuattro, slepy and 1 other person
His is the single miltek not the dual one you still need the down pipe and centre pipe fabricating in 3" but its a good system i rate the miltek its just a ****** to seperate after awhile as i found today.

Hi all new member saw this thread and had to join up. I've been running this exhaust for almost 2 years and I don't have any complaints at all. I love the sound through the rpm range and the performance increase was more than I had expected. Couldn't ask more from any exhaust. Just bought a set of dp's for my 2.7 BEL Allroad from xs-power, I'll be installing them this week. I'll let the forum know how it turns out.

dd799e272f117c93cd25f46136dd665e.jpg

Mine doesn't seem to have a mount in the rear.. Where can I find one? Did you add one?

The rear exhaust mount on the offside of the exhaust for 4 cylinder engines including the AJL is 8D0-253-144/P..

However the eBay link doesn't appear to be showing the variant 'P'... My bad..

thats not the correct part!

The rear exhaust mount on the offside of the exhaust for 4 cylinder engines including the AJL is 8D0-253-144/P..

Its been a pain in my butt just to find the part and not try to pay the dealer price.. Found a UK site and it was £3, but then £75 for shipping? Ouch

Yeh, the part number you quoted is correct, but the link on ebay isnt!