ESP warning after brake change?

SeanTheNiceGuy

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find what I was looking for...

I've owned my S3 8p about 5 months now, not long after I got it the brake sensor light started coming on and off pretty randomly. I figured they must be just around the limit so bought some new front brake discs and replaced them this week, only to find the cable connecting the brake sensor and ABS sensor was broken on the brake side. I bought a replacement cable and plug and crimped this on to the sliced cable.

This has cleared the brake warning light, but as soon as I did this the ESP light has come on. My brother checked the fuses and is sure Fuse 2 - the ABS/ESP Fuse was missing (this was after he tried swapping another two out resulting in every warning light illuminating and the engine not starting). We swapped another Fuse in to 2 and the engine started again and only the ESP light remained on. Curiously the Fuse guide on the drivers panel seems to be slighlty different to the owners manual.

I've checked both cables and plugs for the 2 front ABS sensors and they seem to be secure/good condition.

Any idea how to fix this without taking the car to Audi? I was hoping changing the brakes myself would save money.

Thanks for any help

Update: you can ignore this thread, not sure how to delete it but a 30 second drive just reset tthe lighty